The ParkcityKensington, London, England
- Easy travel to and from Heathrow Airport via tube
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, Bose CD players, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries
- Lovely back garden area hosts barbecues in summer months
- Free Wi-Fi in lobby, and free continental breakfast
- Beautiful Victorian period features blend with contemporary design
- Location on a side street provides peace and quiet
- Room decor is a tad generic compared with public areas
- On-site dining is next-to-nothing, and there's no 24-hour room service
- No Wi-Fi available in rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Contemporary and sleek with beautifully detailed ceilings
The lobby of The Parkcity is a blend of old and new, as sleek, contemporary furnishings and designer light sculptures sit comfortably under beautiful Victorian coffered ceilings. As evidenced by the classic Victorian features of the exterior facade, this building was originally seven period townhouses that have now been combined to form the hotel. Not all original fittings have been preserved, however: An original fireplace in the lobby seems to have been replaced with one sporting a gray concrete, minimalist design. The hotel's bar, Ruby's, continues the modern vibe but in a darker, more handsome way than the airy lobby.
Compared to these spaces, though, the rooms fall a bit short design-wise -- it's all a tad generic with plain (but pleasant) oak furnishings and single-color bedspreads.
A seven-minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station, on a quiet side street in fashionable Kensington
The west side of Gloucester Road leading to Earl’s Court is the more affordable side of Kensington, and this is telling by the numerous chain hotels you’ll encounter along the way to The Parkcity. This doesn’t make the area any less interesting, though -- Hyde Park and other area attractions are a short walk away.
- 35-minute drive to Heathrow Airport
- 13-minute walk to Hyde Park
- 14-minute walk to the Natural History Museum
- 15-minute walk to the Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum
- 13-minute tube ride to Knightsbridge station and Knightsbridge shopping district, including designer shops and Harrod’s
- 13-minute tube ride to Sloane Square station, including Sloane Square shopping district and Saatchi Gallery
- 14-minute tube ride to Notting Hill Gate station and Portobello Market *15-minute tube ride to Hyde Park Corner station and Buckingham Palace
- 19-minute tube ride to Westminster station, including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, and scenic walks along the Thames
- 20-minute tube ride to Piccadilly Circus station and the theatre district
- 21-minute tube ride to Embankment station, including Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, London ICA, Tate Modern, and the South Bank
- 22-minute tube ride to Covent Garden
Comfortable, but with plain oak furnishings and simple decor
Rooms are all spacious and comfortable, decorated in a streamlined modern decor full of oak furnishings, contemporary (though small) art pieces, and maroon accents. There are no suites in this hotel, and rooms divide into three simple categories that differ in floor space – Standard, Deluxe, and Executive -- though even the "smallest" room is spacious for London standards.
A private back patio with garden, and a cocktail bar with red velvet decor
- Ruby’s Cocktail Bar is quilted in red velvet and serves a decent drink menu along with light bites.
- Free continental breakfast in Lessandro, which doubles as a private-hire dining space.
- Lovely, quiet back patio and garden area
- Free Wi-Fi in lobby but none in rooms
- Fitness center with basic cardio equipment, weight machine, and free weights
- Business center with two computers and a printer, fees apply
- View Full List of Amenities
Customers Who Viewed The Parkcity Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About The Parkcity
Address18 - 30 Lexham Gardens , London W8 5JE, United Kingdom
- Deluxe Room
- Standard Room