The Ritz-Carlton Los AngelesDowntown, Los Angeles, California
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A small, luxurious downtown business hotel in the big LA Live Complex
The Ritz-Carlton is attached to the 878-room JW Marriott, and is located in the LA Live Center, an enormous restaurant and entertainment complex that's helping to revitalize downtown LA. But the hotel's built-up surroundings belie the quiet, intimate luxury found within.
From the wood-paneled lobby to the big, beautiful rooms, it's clear that no corners were cut at this 123-room hotel. It's the extras -- decadent bathrooms, orchid accents throughout the building, boldly-colored modern art, sleek restaurant design, and rooftop pool with beautiful views of L.A. -- that make the hotel feel truly elegant. It's popular with business travelers, but its location next to the Staples Center and Nokia Theater make it a good option for leisure travelers as well.
In downtown L.A., which is pretty desolate (despite recent development) and far from most popular tourist destinations
Being in downtown Los Angeles is great if you’re going to a sports game at the Staples Center, a concert at the Nokia Theatre, or a business meeting at the Convention Center. In fact, the Ritz-Carlton is the closest hotel (besides neighbor JW Marriott) to all of these attractions. But otherwise, you won’t find much to do in the way of entertainment. The area is pretty desolate when no events are going on, and you will have to rent a car to get just about anywhere. There are nearby bars and restaurants, but they are mainly large chains.
- In the L.A. Live center, along with the Nokia Theatre, Regal *Cinema, Staples Center, and many restaurants and cafes
- Right off Harbor Freeway
- 11-minute walk to Los Angeles Convention Center
- 4-minute drive 30-minute walk to the Museum of Contemporary Art
- 8-minute drive to Dodger Stadium
- 15-minute drive to Universal Studios Hollywood
- 20-minute drive to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive
- 21-minute drive to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- 21-minute drive to Santa Monica Beach
Spacious and beautiful, with great bathrooms
It may be hard to leave your room once you see the bathroom, which has a big tub, separate shower with rain showerhead, dual marble vanities, bathrobes, and TVs built into the mirrors. Not to mention a special bath menu.
All rooms include:
- Feather bed, duvets, and down pillows with 400 thread count linens
- 42-inch flat-screen TV; PDAs can be viewed on TV
- Wireless and wired internet available for a fee.
- Free newspaper and a selection of magazines
- iPod dock
- DVD player
- Safe large enough for a laptop
- Power and data connections built into desks
- Evening turndown service
- Rooms on floors 22-25 have great views of L.A.
- Deluxe: 450 square feet; one king or two queen beds. Club Deluxe Room is identical, but includes access to the Club Level.
- Executive King: 550 square feet; king bed; on the corner of the building (180 degree views).
- Junior Suite: 600 square feet; one king or two queen beds; separate seating area with extra TV
- Executive Suite: 1,200 square feet; one king bed; separate living area; extra powder room; dining area with seating for six; wet bar; separate dressing area in bedroom. Club executive suite is identical, but includes access to the Club Level.
- The Ritz-Carlton Suite: 2,920 square feet; foyer and entertainment area; wet bar; study; dining area with seating for 10; 50-inch flat-screen TV; separate service entry for employees; walk-in closet; extra powder room; marble bathroom with rain showerhead, wall-mounted jets, and handheld sprayer, separate bathtub, bidet, Club Lounge access.
Great fitness center and lots of meeting space
- Rooftop pool with cabanas and a poolside bar
- An extra fee per day buys you access to the extra amenities of the Club Level (floor 23): a Club Level concierge, great views, free food throughout the day, and access to a computer station
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa offers manicures and pedicures, a hair salon, massages, and maternity treatments, among other services; open throughout the day.
- 40 meeting rooms available, and a total 100,000 square feet of meeting space
- 24-hour fitness room with TVs built into the machines and beautiful views of L.A.
- 24-hour room service
- Free overnight shoeshine available
- Laundry service for a fee
A fine dining Chinese restaurant from celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, plus easy access to the numerous L.A. Live Center restaurants
WP24 is the only restaurant in the building, but there are five more venues (LA Market, Espressamente Illy, The Mixing Room, gLAnce Wine Bar, and Ion) at the JW Marriott right next door, plus more in the LA Live Center.
- WP24 Restaurant and Lounge from celeb chef Wolfgang Puck is an elegant fine dining restaurant serving modern Chinese food.
Customers Who Viewed The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Attention foodies (and wine lovers): From August 9th to 12th, Los Angeles will play host to the second annual Los…
With summer fast approaching, we know you've got one thing on your mind: vacation (and if you don't, we sure…
Things You Should Know About The Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles
Address900 West Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90015, United States
- Club Deluxe
- Club Executive Suite
- Deluxe Room
- Executive King
- Executive Suite
- Junior Suite
- The Ritz-Carlton Suite