The Redbury at Hollywood and VineHollywood, Los Angeles, California
- No spa (but in-room treatments available)
- No fitness center on-site (24-Hour Fitness is a 10-minute walk away)
- Anyone coming from the restaurant can use the elevators
- Overnight parking costs per night
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The Redbury is an eclectic addition to Hollywood with homey touches.
With accents like Persian rugs and paisley wall paper, the Redbury at Hollywood and Vine -- designed by photographer Matthew Rolston -- is dark, hip, and eclectic. Homey, retro touches -- like a record player and vinyl records in each room -- add to the eclectic feel, and make the hotel feel welcoming. The hotel is both chic and functional; for example, rooms are very large, each has a private patio or balcony, and each has a kitchen area with a stovetop range and a pretty wood-block island with seating. The Capitol Records Tower is less than one block away, and the Avalon nightclub is located next door, although the hotel surprisingly isn’t noisy. The hotel is U-shaped, which provides a shady courtyard in the middle -- named Glade -- for events or parties. The Library (the hotel’s bar) and Cleo (the restaurant) are packed with both locals and guests, and their style and popularity could make you think you’re in a W hotel. If the large portraits of the Egyptian queen Cleopatra aren’t your thing, not to worry: The neighborhood has plenty of food options, in all price ranges.
In the heart of Hollywood, at a famous intersection
The famous intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street became known in the 1920s for the many radio and movie businesses nearby. Today, Capitol Records Tower is the extent of the corporate offices, but the glitz of Hollywood is all around, with many major sights within five minutes' driving distance. You could walk to many of the sights, but there is also a metro station at the intersection, which is shorter and more convenient.
- 1-minute walk to the Capitol Records Tower
- 3-minute drive to Grauman’s Chinese Theater
- 4-minute drive to the Hollywood Bowl
- 5-minute drive to the Hollywood Wax Museum
- 5-minute drive to the Kodak Theatre
- 9-minute drive to the Hollywood sign
- 10-minute drive to the Greek Theatre, a concert venue
- 10-minute drive to CBS Studios
- 10-minute drive to Universal Studios
- 15- to 17-minute drive to Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills
The apartment-style rooms are some of the largest you will find in L.A., with a kitchen fully stocked with pots and dishes, and a wooden island with stool seating. The interior design has a European feel with a color palate of deep reds, turquoises, and greens, along with black lacquer canopy beds. But the old-world, bohemian feel isn't just a slick veneer -- The Redbury certainly has not cut any corners.
All rooms include:
- 40- to 46-inch flat-screen TVs with lots of channels, including HBO and Showtime
- DVD player with DVR (recording) capability
- Bed with pillow top mattress
- Bathrooms with walk-in shower with rain shower head, dark tiling, and bathrobes
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Private balcony or patio
- Vinyl record collection and record player
- Kitchen with gas burners, pots, pans, dishes, and a wooden work island
- Room service from Cleo as well as Katsuya Hollywood (a very popular Japanese restaurant)
- In-room spa treatments available
- Vine, Highland, and Sunset Flats: 750-square-foot suites with king bed separated from the living area by TV and dresser. Vine flats offer views of the Hollywood Sign and Capitol Records Tower. Sunset flats overlook the courtyard. Highland flats offer a (not-so-special) view of the Avalon nightclub next door.
- Hollywood Premiere Flat: 850-square-foot, one-bedroom suite with king bed (more separate from the living space than the Vine, Highland, and Sunset flats), convertible sofa bed, and two TVs
- Redbury Signature Flat: 1020-square-foot, two-bedroom suite (one bedroom with king bed, one bedroom with queen bed), two bathrooms, balcony with view of the Walk of Fame, and three TVs
Very few amenities, but there’s a stand-out restaurant
What the hotel lacks in amenities (no fitness center or spa on location) it makes up for with services. With a 24-hour concierge, the hotel can arrange in-room chef service, massages, yoga, or Pilates. The house car can also pick you up or drop you off within a three-mile radius of the hotel.
- In-room spa treatments such as massages, manicure, pedicure, hair/makeup from Ciel Spa at the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills. Guests can also have the house car drop them off at the SLS if they wish to visit a full spa.
- Wi-Fi access (fee for 24 hours).
- iPads, laptops, printers, and fax machines available upon request; shipping and messenger services, as well as printing services are available.
- Free gym pass to a 24-Hour Fitness (a 10-minute walk).
- Fitness from outside company, Yada Yada Yoga, available in-room for fee (activities like yoga, Pilates, personal trainer, Hollywood Hills hike, nutritionist).
- Pets under 40 pounds are welcome for a fee (for 7 days).
- Cleo restaurant, serving mezze and small plates; Katsuya Hollywood (also owned by The Redbury's parent company, SBE), located half-a-block away, serves sushi in Philippe Starke-designed space. Both Cleo and Katuya menus can be ordered through "in-flat" dining.
- The Library bar and lounge and Glade outdoor courtyard serve drinks.
Customers Who Viewed The Redbury at Hollywood and Vine Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
The highly-anticipated "Entourage" hits theaters next Wednesday, June 3. We can't wait! Of course, often with these things, the movie…
Food and Drink
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? After the success of Hotel Week NYC, Hotel Week LA is following suit by offering discounted…
Food and Drink
It's a tradition to wine and dine your significant other on Valentine's Day for a reason; after all, the way…
With accents like Persian rugs and paisley wall paper, the Redbury at Hollywood and Vine -- designed by photographer Matthew…
As we've investigated hotels across the globe, we've found that oftentimes, it's the little things that can make the biggest…
Celeb gossip is always buzzing — whether it be for a make-up, a break-up, a scandal, or a surprise, stars…
PAINT ONE WALL Adding a dose of color to one of your bedroom's walls makes a bold, bright statement -…
New hotels are constantly springing up during the year and we have our eyes peeled for every one. Some are…
With summer fast approaching, we know you've got one thing on your mind: vacation (and if you don't, we sure…
Things You Should Know About The Redbury at Hollywood and Vine
Address1717 Vine Street, Los Angeles, California 90028, United States
- Highland Flat
- Hollywood Premier Flat
- Redbury Signature Flat
- Sunset Flat
- Vine Flat