James Place InnFreeport, Maine, United States
- Quiet location near excellent Freeport shopping
- Polished, colorful rooms, some with Jacuzzi tubs or fireplaces
- Extensive, free homemade breakfast
- Modern amenities include free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs
- Family-run inn with hospitable, helpful innkeepers
- Peaceful outdoor deck and hammock for lazy afternoons
- Some rooms with wood-burning fireplaces
- No minimum stay requirements
- Some small bathrooms with cramped showers
- Some rooms are noisier than others
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Small inn with character and welcoming hosts
Quaint and quiet, James Place Inn is a relaxing place to get away for a weekend or longer vacation. Open year-round, the inn offers close proximity to the beaches in the summer, the mountains in the winter, and and shopping in Freeport all year long.
There are only seven guest rooms here, and that means that the inn will never be crowded. There is one common room here, as well as the porch during warmer weather. Breakfast is the most bustling time of day, as the dining room fills with guests looking forward to homemade pancakes, granola, scones, and more.
Minutes from all the shopping of central Freeport
James Place Inn is located on a quiet residential street about 100 yards away from the center of outlet shopping in Freeport, Maine. The inn is a few minutes walk from the LL Bean flagship store that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Along Main Street there are several other stores including J.Crew, Gap, Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, and more.
The excitement of city life is nearby in Portland, where top attractions include the historic Old Port district along the harbor and the Arts District along Congress Street for food, shopping, and sightseeing.
- 20-minute drive from Portland, Maine and Airport
- 120-minute drive from Boston, Massachusetts and Airport
- 4-minute walk to downtown Freeport
- 60-minute drive to Kennebunkport, Maine
- 75-minute drive to Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Quaint rooms with individual personality
Each room at James Place Inn is decorated in its own unique way. Rooms are named after the color of the walls that inspires the rest of the decor. In this historic Victorian house, each room has a different size and shape. Tall travelers might prefer to avoid the Blue Room for its shower with a slanted ceiling. Guests can choose a room for decor, size, and the presence of soaking tubs, fireplaces, or private balconies.
Small inn with excellent breakfast
James Place Inn offers seven rooms on a quiet street in close proximity to shopping in Downtown Freeport. This quaint inn doesn't offer features such as a pool, spa, or fitness room, but it does offer a scenic patio to enjoy during the warmer months. The best feature here is the outstanding daily breakfast served in the dining room that features many homemade items. Travelers looking to relax might also appreciate small details such as the hammock beneath shady trees.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free homemade full breakfast daily
Customers Who Viewed James Place Inn Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Gone are the barbeques and beaches of summer, and in are the crisp air, pumpkin spices, and crunching leaves of…
Food and Drink
It's time to take a bite out of summer. After all, August heralds the start of some of the best…