Marenas ResortSunny Isles, Miami, Florida
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Soak up plenty of sun on the expansive shore, about 180 blocks north of South Beach.
The Marenas Resort is located in Sunny Isles, about a half-hour drive from South Beach, and right on the beach. Don't confuse the Sunny Isles stretch of Collins Avenue with the far different pedestrian portion in South Beach. Here, it's a busy six-lane road that can only be crossed at a stop light at the end of the long block.
Aside from the beach, there's little to explore on foot around the hotel. A large, unappealing strip mall full of fast-food and casual restaurants sits just down the road, across from the Trump International Beach Resort.
- Publix supermarket, about a 10-minute walk away
- The hotel is approximately 30 minutes by taxi from the Miami International airport and 20 minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International airport. Taxis from either one cost approximately $50.
- A taxi ride down to the clubs costs about $50.
- The standard, Classic room is a cramped 200 square feet, but the bathroom is a bit larger than what you might find in a similarly-priced Art Deco hotel in South Beach
- Larger one- and two-bedroom suites also available (700 to 1,100 square feet); each has a full kitchen and breakfast bar as well as a pull-out queen-size sofa bed in the living room
- Comfortable beds: 250-thread-count sheets; Duvet cover
- Bathrobes and slippers
- All rooms have a balcony; the views from any room are remarkable
- Small, old tube TVs with a CD/DVD player
The rooms are a bit dated, but housekeeping does its best to keep everything in tip-top shape.
Since the hotel switched from being an older Le Meridian resort to the Marenas Resort in 2009, little has changed. The rooms and facilities feel a worn, but housekeeping does its best to keep everything as lustrous as possible. I found some basic carpet wear, some smudges on the mirrors, and some scratches on the furniture, but I was generally pleased with the hotel's overall cleanliness.
Customers Who Viewed Marenas Resort Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
PAINT ONE WALL Adding a dose of color to one of your bedroom's walls makes a bold, bright statement -…
Like it or not, Labor Day is just around the corner. While no one wants to think about summer ending…
Starwood Hotels' newest VP of Brand Design, Ted Jacobs, will make sure your toothbrush doesn't fall in the toilet
Last week, Starwood Hotels announced the appointment of Ted Jacobs -- formerly of the renowned architecture, design, and planning firm…
On this week's episode of AMC's hit Mad Men (spoiler alert!), little miss Peggy Olson and Duck had an, um…
Things You Should Know About Marenas Resort
Address18683 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, Florida 33160, United States
Also Known As
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles
- Le Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Meridien Sunny Isles Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach Le Meridien
- Sunny Isles Beach Meridien
- Bay View 2 Bedroom Suite
- Bay View Studio
- Bay View Suite
- Ocean Front 2 Bedroom Suite
- Ocean Front Suite
- Ocean View Studio
- Sunny Isles Suite