Rutherford, Napa Valley Travel Guide
- Mild temperatures all year round
- Surrounded by great wineries
- Beautiful landscape
- A few miles from outstanding shopping and dining in elegant St. Helena
- Overall relaxed ambience
- Home to acclaimed Rutherford Grill
- Tiny town with only a few houses and nothing to see besides wineries
- Having a car is mandatory
- Very limited nightlife
What It's Like
Rutherford is easy to miss. With only a few houses and many of the wineries being hidden off Highway 29, most visitors don't even realize they just drove past a village. However, it's home to the acclaimed Rutherford Grill and to some wineries that are a bit off the beaten track. There's not much to do or see besides the vineyards, but the landscape is beautiful and there are a couple of good hotels. It's only a few minutes' drive from upscale St. Helena, a foodie and shopaholic paradise.
Where to Stay
The town is tiny and there are very few accommodation options. Stay close to Highway 29 for easy access to all the wineries in the area and the rest of Napa valley.