The Roosevelt New OrleansCentral Business District, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Central location within walking distance of the French Quarter
- Spacious rooms with modern amenities and classic decor
- Historic Sazerac Restaurant serves Creole dishes and signature cocktails
- Outdoor rooftop pool with a huge deck, cabanas and a bar
- Upscale Guerlain Spa offers 10 treatment rooms and salon services
- Large 24-hour fitness center with a wide array of machines
- Pets under 25 pounds allowed for a fee
- Fee for Wi-Fi (free for Hilton Gold and Diamond members)
- Fee for valet parking (no self-parking available)
- No in-room coffeemakers
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 60 Amenities
- 41 Governors Suite
- 33 King Suite
- 17 One King Bed Deluxe Room
- 19 Pool
- 11 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
The Roosevelt is one of New Orleans’ grand dames
First opened in 1893 as The Grunewald, rebranded as The Roosevelt in 1923, renamed The Fairmont in 1965, and later damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the Roosevelt is one of the city’s grand dames. It has been an important part of New Orleans’ history, hosting politicians, celebrities and the rich and famous for well over a century now, and still attracts well-heeled travelers.
Its grand lobby is one of the most striking in town, with high ceilings, golden columns, and gorgeous floor mosaics that were discovered during renovations after Hurricane Katrina. Even from the outside, the building's white façade dotted with bay windows is striking, and uniformed valets greet guests below Art Deco marquees. Past the entrance, handmade plaster work, coffered ceilings, and crystal chandeliers welcome guests to a bygone era.
Rooms are elegant and classic, but somewhat more subdued than the common spaces, with earth tones, wood furniture, and blue, red, or golden bed throws with matching pillows.
Right on the border of the French Quarter and the Central Business District
The Roosevelt has a central location off Canal Street, the border between the hopping French Quarter and the Central Business District. It is within easy walking distance of streetcars, attractions (such as the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, the Insectarium, Jackson Square, several museums, and the Preservation Hall), and dozens of exceptional restaurants.
- 23-minute drive to Louis Armstrong International Airport
- Several streetcars run half a block from the hotel
- 5-minute walk from nightlife on Bourbon Street
- 10-minute walk to the Warehouse District
- 10-minute walk to St. Louis Cemetery No.1
- 13-minute walk to the riverfront Woldenberg Park
- 13-minute walk from Jackson Square
- 13-minute walk to Congo Square
- 13-minute walk to the Superdome
- 15-minute walk from renowned Café du Monde
- 16-minute walk to the Museum District
- 8-minute drive to the Julia Street Cruise Terminal
Rooms feature classic decor and modern amenities
The Roosevelt offers multiple room types: Deluxe Rooms, Superior Rooms, King Suites, Luxury Suites, Waldorf Suites, and Astoria Suites. They all feature the same classic decor and modern amenities, but each category has its own extras. Superior Rooms have a small sitting area; King Suites have a separate living area with sleeper sofas (and some offer an extra half bath); Luxury Suites are larger than the King Suites, and have separate showers and soaking tubs; and Waldorf and Astoria Suites have a dining area, a half bath, and clawfoot tubs.
- King or two queen beds in most rooms
- Bathrooms feature golden wallpaper with a delicate pattern and pedestal sinks.
- Large flat-screen TVs with cable channels
- iPod docks
- Salvatore Ferragamo toiletries
- Fee for Wi-Fi (free in Teddy’s Café and the hotel lobby)
- Stocked minibars
- Free bottled water
- Work desk with a plush chair
- Handicap and pet-friendly rooms available
- No coffeemakers
A great rooftop pool with cabanas and a bar
Spacious, 24-hour fitness center with a wide array of machines
- Cardio and strength-training machines
- Pilates balls and yoga mats
- Free use of towels
- Free bottled water
High-end Guerlain Spa offers great treatments and salon services.
The full-service Guerlain Spa is part of a high-end French brand with outposts around the world, and offers a wide array of treatments, including hydrotherapy, massages, and exclusive packages for hotel guests.
The vibe here is more adult-oriented than kid-friendly, but the hotel does offer suites with pull-out couches and a pool.
A historic restaurant and a casual café
- Sazerac Restaurant offers Creole food in an elegant space off the lobby; open for breakfast and lunch
- Sazerac Bar is home to Huey P. Long’s favorite drink -- the legendary Ramos Gin Fizz -- and to original Paul Ninas murals. It opens after breakfast and closes late at night daily.
- Teddy’s Cafe is open for all three meals, and has a short menu of sandwiches, soups, salads, juices, and burgers.
- 24-hour room service
The Roosevelt is known for its wonderful service.
- Concierge services available in the lobby
- Great boutique located off the lobby offering a wide array of items
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi; free for Hilton Gold or Diamond Hilton members, and free in both Teddy’s Cafe and the lobby
- Laundry and dry cleaning off-site (but the hotel can send it out for guests)
- 24-hour room service
- Pets under 25 pounds are allowed for a non-refundable, one-time cleaning fee.
- Fee for valet parking (self-parking not available)
- 60,000 square feet of meeting space, including the historic Blue Room
Over 60,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, plus solid business-oriented services
- 60,000 square feet of flexible meeting space
- The Roosevelt Ballroom is 20,000 square feet, and can be divided into five sections.
- The Blue Room is a historic ballroom complete with a stage, two levels, and a dance floor. Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald, and Frank Sinatra performed here.
- Audiovisual equipment in all events spaces
- Full-service business center
- Catering services available upon request
- Fee for Wi-Fi; free for Hilton Gold or Diamond Hilton members, and free in both Teddy’s Cafe and the lobby
- Short drive to the New Orleans Convention Center
Customers Who Viewed The Roosevelt New Orleans Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Mardi Gras is one of the most storied, celebrated, raucous, and wild holidays in the world, and nowhere in the…
Health and Wellness
It's that time of year again, when we look back at 2014 and assess what we'd like to leave in…
The Mansion Pool at The Resort at Fisher Island Club; Miami, FL 1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Oprah Winfrey recently announced…