DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - ChelseaChelsea, Manhattan, New York City
- In northern Chelsea, near Penn Station and the Empire State Building
- Clean, modern rooms with flat-screen TVs and coffeemakers
- Free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness center with modern machines
- Chelton's Bar and Grille, serving American cuisine for all three meals
- Unattractive area with few quality restaurants or bars nearby
- Elevators can get busy
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
In northern Chelsea, near Herald Square, the Empire State Building and Madison Square Garden
The DoubleTree is located on West 29th Street. Although technically in Chelsea, the hotel is at the northernmost end of the neighborhood, in the heart of a working neighborhood, and on the edge of midtown. The streets in front are congested with delivery trucks. There are no clubs or fancy restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Though it won't particularly appeal to club hoppers and gourmands, the location is ideal for shoppers looking for deals at nearby Macy's and business travelers with meetings in midtown or trade events at the Javits Center. It's also a smart, centrally located base camp for tourists.
- 7th Avenue local (1 train) is on 28th Street.
- 5-minute walk to Madison Square Garden/Pennsylvania Station
- 8-minute walk to the Macy's flagship at Herald Square.
- 8-minute walk to The Empire State Building
- 8-minute drive to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center