Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth AvenueMidtown West, New York City, New York
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A half-block from 5th Avenue (it's most famous stretch of shops are a bit farther north, or south), just east of Times Square
Surrounded by a few shops, delis, and office buildings, the Holiday Inn Express is located on West 45th Street (not 5th Avenue), just a short walk from some of New York's most famous sights, like Grand Central Terminal, Bryant Park, the New York Public Library, and Rockefeller Center.
Beyond the dazzling marquees of Times Square, Midtown West still offers plenty of other kinds of thrills, from hip restaurants and gay bars in Hell's Kitchen on its west side to tourist must-sees like Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and 5th Avenue department stores on its east. At the northern boundary, marking the start of Central Park, there's Columbus Circle -- home to the luxe Time Warner Center and its acclaimed five-star restaurants.
- Four blocks from the A, C, E subway lines; five blocks from the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, S subway lines; six blocks from the B, D, F, M subway lines
- 15-minute walk to Central Park
- Five-minute walk to Times Square
- 15-minute walk to the Empire State Building
- 30-minute subway ride to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Five-minute walk to Rockefeller Center
- 20-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 30-minute subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") and 10-minute walk to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMA")
Clean, very comfortable, and (mostly) up-to-date
Standard Kings and Deluxe Kings are small, but it's rare for a hotel in this price range to fit a king-bed into the room (often, it's a queen or smaller). Standard Doubles -- with two double-size beds -- are even more cramped (the bedside tables are no bigger than the phones that sit on them); but this too, is rare for an New York hotel room.
About 30 to 90 minutes from three airports
New York has three nearby airports: JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark (in New Jersey). Getting to town from JFK or LaGuardia is usually more convenient than getting there from Newark, but travel times are heavily dependent on the time of day and traffic conditions. From JFK, a taxi to anywhere in Manhattan costs a flat rate of $45 and takes around an hour in average conditions. From LaGuardia, a metered cab ride to midtown Manhattan costs about $40 and can take 30 minutes if traffic is light, three times that if it's bad. Rides from Newark cost at least $40 (plus tolls) and can take more than 90 minutes. It's customary to tip your driver 15 to 25 percent.
Those looking to save some cash can use the privately run shuttle buses that are available at all three airports for about $15 per person. Public transit is also available for as little as $8 per person, but travel can take up to two hours and involve a lot of lugging bags up and down stairways.
Customers Who Viewed Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue
Address15 West 45th Street, New York City, New York 10036, United States
Also Known As
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Express New York
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- 1 Bedroom Suite
- Club Level Room
- Guest Room
- Leisure Room
- Standard Room