Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Contemporary chain features a central location, but few amenities
This downtown property has the feel of a modern chain hotel, with contemporary, generic decor in the lobby and state-of-the-art cardio machines in the small fitness center.
Aside from the fitness center, the hotel lacks amenities typical of upscale properties. Its standout feature is the spacious lobby, with free Wi-Fi and a bar that stays open late.
Club Rooms have access to a large rooftop deck.
On a busy street, close to many subway lines and taxis
This downtown hotel is steps from the A, C, E subway lines and a short walk to others. Situated in the artsy Tribeca neighborhood, it is surrounded by chic galleries and award-winning restaurants like Nobu. This historic neighborhood is also famous for the annual Tribeca Film Festival held each spring. SoHo's shopping district, Chinatown, and Little Italy are also within walking distance of the hotel.
- 66-minute ride via public transportation to John F. Kennedy Airport
- 68-minute ride via public transportation to La Guardia Airport
- 2-minute walk to A, C, E subway lines
- 5-minute walk to the 1,2 subway lines; 8-minute walk to the N, R subway lines; 10-minute walk to the 4, 6, J, N, Q, Z lines
- 20-minute subway ride to Penn Station
- 20-minute subway ride to Battery Park, where the ferries to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are located
- 20-minute subway ride to South Street Seaport, a waterfront shop and restaurant hub in the Financial District
- 25-minute subway ride to the Museum of Modern Art
- 25-minute subway ride to Times Square and the Theater District
- 25-minute subway ride to Columbus Circle and Central Park
- 30-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 30-minute subway ride to Rockefeller Center
- 45-minute subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Clean, modern rooms have flat-screen TVs and generic decor
Standard King Guest Room
Aside from the black-and-white photographs of New York City, the rooms look fairly generic. They feature textured beige carpeting, warm yellow walls, red accents, and contemporary furniture crafted of wood, metal, and glass. All rooms have large desks and ergonomic chairs, though standard rooms lack mini-fridges and iPod docks.
Club Room guests have access to the Club Lounge for free non-alcoholic beverages and breakfast, as well as the spacious rooftop deck.
- Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and white duvet covers
- Flat-screen TVs are a minimum of 32 inches and offer premium channels.
- Coffeemakers with free Starbucks coffee
- Large windows that open four inches outward (uncommon in New York City)
- Mini-fridges available by request
- Some rooms have great city views.
- Small fitness center features modern Life Fitness cardio machines.
- No pool or spa
- Free use of computer stations and Wi-Fi in the lobby
- Fee for in-room Wi-Fi
- Two meeting rooms with capacity for up to 20 people
- Lounge with bar open late, with plenty of seating
- Cast Iron Grill serves American cuisine; open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Café in the lobby serves Starbucks coffee and pastries.
This 369-room downtown property is centrally located within walking distance of major subway lines, luxe boutiques, top restaurants, and popular nightlife spots. The lobby is often bustling, due to its spacious lounge, small cafe, and free use of computer workstations and Wi-Fi. Though cookie-cutter in design, rooms are clean, and some offer great Manhattan views. However, the in-room Wi-Fi charge makes some guests feel as though they are being nickel-and-dimed, and the hotel offers few amenities.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
- 370 Canal Street, New York City, New York 10013, United States
- King Room
- Presidential Suite
- Studio Suite
- Two Double Beds Room