Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 9 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Wellington Hotel Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Ideal location between Central Park and Times Square, and close to eight major subway lines
On 7th Avenue at West 55th Street, the Wellington is just three blocks (and a very quick walk) south of Central Park, and a 15-minute walk to the heart of Times Square (you can walk out the main entrance and see the lights of the famed square in the distance). Beyond the dazzling marquees of Times Square, at the northern boundary and marking the start of Central Park, there's Columbus Circle -- home to the luxe Time Warner Center and its acclaimed five-star restaurants.
- Right above the N, Q, and R subway lines; two blocks from the B, D, and E subway lines -- quick, convenient access to just about anywhere in the city
- The quaint, and ever popular, Russian Tea Room is two short blocks from the hotel.
- Carnegie Hall, the famed classical music performance space, is only one block away.
- Most of the major Broadway musicals and plays are a few blocks south and west, between 53rd and 42nd Streets.
- Rockefeller Center, home to NBC Studios, is also just a short walk away. There, the "Top of the Rock" observation deck offers a view of the city from 70 floors up.
- Five-minute walk to Central Park
- 15-minute walk or five-minute subway ride to Times Square
- 10-minute subway ride to the Empire State Building
- 25-minute subway ride to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 10-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- Eight-minute walk to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMA"); 25-minute subway ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met")
Rooms have ugly, dated bedding and some are tiny, but it's hard to do much better for the price in this neighborhood
Separate living room in the Queen Suite
It might not have top-quality bedding or free Wi-Fi, but the 600-room Wellington has an exceptional location -- around the corner from Carnegie Hall, about three blocks from both Central Park and the Theater District, and a short walk from Times Square and some of the best restaurants in New York. Just know that that's what you're paying for: the location. Rooms are dated and features are few.
Things You Should Know About Wellington Hotel
- 871 7th Avenue at W 55th St, New York City, New York 10019, United States
Hotel is Also (or Was Formerly) Known As
- Hotel Wellington New York
- Wellington Hotel New York
- Wellington Hotel Nyc
- Wellington New York
- Wellington New York City
- Double Double Room
- King Room
- One Bedroom Suite
- Queen Room
- Standard Single / Double Room
- Twin Room