Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea WestFlatiron, New York City, New York
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Located near commercial Flatiron's westernmost border, the Wyndham is on a quiet, but very convenient street near ample great restaurants.
The Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea West sits less than a block from small but beautiful Madison Square Park, near the Empire State Building, the Flatiron Building, the Museum of Sex, and the Fashion Institute of Technology, as well as many shops and restaurants.
- One block from the F, V subway lines; two blocks from the 1, R, W subway lines; four blocks from the 6 subway line
- 20-minute subway ride to Central Park
- 15-minute subway ride to Times Square
- 10-minute walk to the Empire State Building
- 30-minute subway ride to the ferry terminal to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- 20-minute bus ride to Rockefeller Center
- 25-minute subway ride to the American Museum of Natural History
- 30-minute bus ride to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") and 20-minute bus ride to the Museum of Modern Art (the "MoMA")
Clean and comfortable, but somewhat cramped
- Queen and King Rooms -- the standard room types with a queen- and king-size bed, respectively -- are similarly sized at around 200 square feet; small, but about average for a New York hotel room
- Premium King Balcony rooms are slightly larger at about 300 square feet and includes a walkout balcony (a rare feature in New York)
- One-Bedroom Balcony Suites are 400 square feet, and have a separate living area with a couch and walkout balcony
- Laptop-size safes
- Comfortable beds; 100 percent cotton bedding
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs
- Bath & Body Works bath products
- Handicap-accessible rooms available
- No smoking rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
About 30 to 90 minutes from three airports
New York has three nearby airports: JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark (in New Jersey). Getting to town from JFK or LaGuardia is usually more convenient than getting there from Newark, but travel times are heavily dependent on the time of day and traffic conditions. From JFK, a taxi to anywhere in Manhattan costs a flat rate of $45 and takes around an hour in average conditions. From LaGuardia, a metered cab ride to midtown Manhattan costs about $40 and can take 30 minutes if traffic is light, three times that if it's bad. Rides from Newark cost at least $40 (plus tolls) and can take more than 90 minutes. It's customary to tip your driver 15 to 25 percent.
Those looking to save some cash can use the privately run shuttle buses that are available at all three airports for about $14 per person. For more information on the shuttles, go to Super Shuttle or New York Airport Service. Public transit is also available for as little as $7 per person, but travel can take up to two hours and involve a lot of lugging bags up and down stairways.
For mass-transit directions right to the hotel, check out HopStop.com.
Customers Who Viewed Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
One of the great New York -- neigh, American -- events of the year is about to be upon us…
Things You Should Know About Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan, Chelsea West
Address37 West 24th Street, New York City, New York 10010, United States
Also Known As
- Wyndham New York City
- Standard Room