West Palm Beach MarriottPalm Beach, Florida, United States
- Walking distance from downtown shopping and dining
- Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool
- Convenient location near the airport and convention center
- Free self-parking
- Free airport and downtown shuttle service
- On-site restaurant, bar, and a Starbucks
- 24-hour fitness center
- Guest laundry room
- Rooms have flat-screen TVs, iPod stereos, and mini-fridges
- 2 miles from the beaches on Palm Beach Island
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Small bathrooms
- No minibars
- No 24-hour room service
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This low-key hotel attracts business and leisure travelers seeking a reasonably priced downtown address.
This 352-room Marriott has all the key hotel amenities -- a fitness center, bar, restaurant, and pool -- plus a convenient downtown location and reasonable rates. Typical guests include business travelers, conventioneers, and vacationers who don’t mind a 10-minute drive to the beach.
As far as style goes, the hotel looks fairly run-of-the-mill. The best feature is the pool area, which has nice landscaping and a laid-back vibe.
The hotel restaurant, Bistro Ten Zero One, is open all day and serves dinner well into the night. It has a bar, though not much of a bar scene.
Easy access to downtown hot spots, but two miles from the beach
The Marriott is located next to one of the city’s two lakes, Clear Lake. Okeechobee Boulevard, a busy two-lane road that runs through the center of downtown, passes by the hotel. A short walk down Okeechobee will bring visitors to a park, the Convention Center, and dozens of shops and restaurants at CityPlace. A free hotel shuttle takes guests to CityPlace and the Palm Beach Airport, located just seven minutes away.
To visit the nice public beaches in Palm Beach, two miles east, guests can either drive or take a cab.
Unlike uber-rich Palm Beach Island, West Palm Beach is a more typical Florida city with a population of about 100,000.
- 3-minute walk to The Raymond F. Kravis Center for Performing Arts
- 4-minute walk to Howard Park, home to a lake, baseball diamond, and tennis courts
- 6-minute walk to Palm Beach County Convention Center
- 8-minute walk to shopping and dining at CityPlace (free shuttle)
- 4-minute drive to Clematis Street, where the little bit of nightlife happens
- 7-minute drive to Palm Beach beaches
- 7-minute drive to the Norton Museum of Art
- 7-minute drive to Palm Beach International Airport (free shuttle; $20 taxi)
- 9-minute drive to the Henry Morrison Flagler Museum
- 10-minute drive to Worth Avenue shopping in Palm Beach
- 10-minute drive to the Palm Beach Zoo
- 15-minute drive from R. G. Kreusler Park beach
- Half a dozen golf courses within 14 miles
- 50-minute drive from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
Ordinary rooms with modern amenities and small bathrooms
The rooms are fairly run-of-the-mill, but they still have modern features such as flat-screen TVs, iPod stereo docking stations, and mini-fridges. Guests can get a decent view of the nearby lake from the top floors in the Concierge Level rooms. These rooms cost slightly more and include access to the Concierge Lounge, which has free continental breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, dessert, and Wi-Fi. Weekend visitors should think twice before upgrading to a Concierge Level room, as the lounge is closed on Fridays and Saturdays.
Guestrooms are slightly smaller than average, ranging from 338 square feet for a standard room to 350 square feet for a Concierge Level room. The hotel also has a handful of one-bedroom suites that run from 870 square feet to 1,000 square feet. The bathrooms are generally small and unremarkable. Rooms fit a maximum of four people, or eight people using connecting rooms.
Heated outdoor pool is a peaceful spot to lounge outside.
This Marriott has a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool, surrounded by well-groomed hedges and palm trees. The pool area has a number of shaded tables and padded lounge chairs to relax on. No poolside food or drink service is offered.
Few families visit the hotel (and those who do are likely at the nearby beach), so the pool area is rarely crowded or noisy. The pool opens early and closes late.
24-hour fitness center has all the basics
- Treadmills, exercise bikes, and ellipticals
- Weight machines
- Free weights
- Open 24 hours
- Free water
- Individual TV screens on select cardio equipment
Casual restaurant serves affordable American fare.
The hotel restaurant, Bistro Ten Zero One, is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It serves American cuisine, such as chicken sandwiches, rib-eye steaks, and crab cakes. There’s also a bar that serves traditional cocktails and drinks. A Starbucks café serves pastries and coffee drinks next to the lobby.
Guests staying on the Concierge Level have access to the Concierge Lounge, which serves free continental breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, and dessert five days a week.
With no 24-hour room service or minibars, food is hard to come by at the hotel after midnight.
Laundry room, computer station, and free shuttle
- Free shuttle to the airport and CityPlace
- ATM machine
- Evening turndown service
- Guest laundry room
- Dry cleaning service
- Computer and printer in the lobby
- Loaner beach chairs and umbrellas
Customers Who Viewed West Palm Beach Marriott Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About West Palm Beach Marriott
Address1001 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401, United States
- Concierge Level
- Concierge Level, One Bedroom, Two Room Suite
- Executive Suite
- Guest Room
- One Bedroom Two Room Suite
- Presidential Suite