Viceroy Palm SpringsPalm Springs, Greater Palm Springs, California Desert
- Suites and villas with full parlors, fireplaces, and kitchens
- Three pools make for an array of swimming options (two are adults-only and one is for families)
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with pretty mountain views and lovely courtyards
- 24-hour fitness center (albeit small)
- Downtown's shops and restaurants are within walking distance
- Restaurant serves gourmet cuisine and specialty cocktails in a chic, cheerful space
- Spa has a fun retro modern look and offers an array of services in indoor and outdoor treatment areas
- Free valet parking
- Outdoor guitar performances on select evenings
- Pets are allowed
- Not on par with other Viceroy properties
- Pricey in-season
- Soiled upholstery; worn-out, scuffed furniture; and some cleanliness issues
- Dated kitchenettes in villas
- Small bathrooms with low-quality fixtures
- Old style wall air-conditioners
- Late check-in time (4 pm)
- Resort fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
The vibe here is one of relaxation and tranquility. The adults-only pools surrounded by quiet courtyards make for a serene ambiance in some sections of the hotel grounds. And when the sun goes down, there are live acoustic guitar performances under the stars on select evenings. For those who prefer to relax inside, there are yoga classes and a bevy of spa treatments available, as well as specialty cocktails and gourmet California cuisine.
Within walking distance of downtown and its array of restaurants and shops
The immediate area around the hotel is a quiet neighborhood. A few streets away is Palm Canyon Drive, which is Palm Springs' main street that is filled with shops and restaurants. The Palm Springs Art Museum is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. A 10-minute drive will get you to the airport and the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway. A 15-minute drive will land you at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. The tram takes you up 6,000 feet to a forest with 54 miles of trails to explore. Bring a sweatshirt and wear sturdy shoes, as the temperature can drop 30 degrees and trails are rocky.
Stylish rooms with small bathrooms
There are several room categories, which range from a standard king to a two-bedroom villa. All are very stylish in ivory and black with pops of yellow. White drapes embellished with black greek key borders add drama to the room. Beds are super comfortable with Italian linens, and down comforters and pillows. The bathrooms are lackluster and small, with low-quality hardware. While the Dorrington one-bedroom villa has an eye-popping dining room, spacious seating area, and private outdoor patio, the kitchenette has low-end appliances and the small bathroom is disappointing with plain tiled floors, painted walls, little counter space and shower/tub combos. Luxury amenities include flat-screen TVs, minibars, turndown service, designer toiletries, and robes. Some guests have complained about worn furnishings and cleanliness issues in the rooms.
Amenities designed to get guests swimming, sunning, and soaking
Guests can start the morning with a cup of free coffee or tea and free newspaper in Citron. Three heated pools provide different environments aimed at making the poolside experience enjoyable for all guests. The 40-by-17-foot family pool is lined with cabanas (fees apply) for shade. The two other pools, in adjacent courtyards, are adult-only and are paired with hot tubs. Recreational activities such as the fitness center, yoga classes, bicycles, and aerobics are included in the resort fee. The spa has a fun retro modern vibe and offers an array of services in indoor treatment rooms and outdoor cabanas. The resort's restaurant, Citron, serves three meals daily in an airy dining space with a chic and cheerful feel.
Customers Who Viewed Viceroy Palm Springs Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Forget rusty aluminum chairs and fraying towels -- these top hotels cabanas only come equipped with first-rate finds. Here's a…