Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's LandingPenn's Landing, Center City, Philadelphia
- Waterfront location a few blocks from the action in the Old City
- Spacious, bright rooms with expansive views and great amenities
- A solid restaurant with outdoor seating, a bar, and a café
- Indoor pool with river views open year-round
- Great fitness center with modern equipment and a sun deck
- 24,000 square feet of meeting space with high-tech amenities
- Eco-friendly practices throughout the hotel
- On-site parking (for a fee)
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Fee for rollaway beds
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A business-oriented hotel with expansive views and a few nice extras
The Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing is one of the few tall buildings in the waterfront area. It’s a typical business chain hotel in many ways -- it has extensive meeting space, a nice fitness center, a solid but somewhat pricey restaurant, and rooms with modern amenities. However, a few great extra perks make it stand out from many of the other business hotels in town -- namely an appealing pool, wonderful views, and a quieter location a couple of blocks from the historic center. Business travelers and families will probably find most of the hotel’s features convenient -- but the decor is definitely chain-like and couples might miss features such as a spa.
The hotel’s wonderful views are particularly noteworthy. The building has been designed in a way that all rooms have expansive views either of the skyline or of the river. For the best of both, guests might want to request a corner room -- and for more serene vistas, the eastern side of the building overlooks the river.
By staying a little farther (three to five blocks) from the heart of the historic area, guests avoid the crowds and traffic of rush hour, but are still close enough to the action as to be able to stroll to some of the city’s major attractions, or take the subway at Market and 2nd St. for longer distances.
Adjacent to the Great Plaza and the Independence Seaport Museum, and within walking distance of major attractions
The Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing is located along the river, right off the I-95. Far from being a downside, this locale is actually fairly convenient for those who want to explore the Old City’s historic areas, which are only a couple of blocks away. There aren’t many restaurants and bars in the immediate area (though many can be found a few minutes’ walk from the hotel), but the waterfront is quieter and less congested than Center City, and is a great spot for those who don’t mind being a few blocks from the action.
The adjacent Great Plaza is one of the most thriving events spaces in town, with festivals, concerts and fairs taking place every week during the warmer months, and an ice rink when the temperatures drop. The only casino in Philadelphia, a fantastic aquarium, and a few sports complexes can all be found a short drive from the hotel.
- 15-minute drive to Philadelphia International Airport
- Adjacent to the Great Plaza and the Independence Seaport Museum
- Across the street from the Korean War Memorial Park
- 6-minute walk to the Independence National Historical Park
- 10-minute walk to the Festival Pier
- 11-minute walk to the Liberty Bell and the Independence Hall
- 13-minute walk from the National Museum of American Jewish History
- 17-minute walk to National Constitution Center
- 6-minute drive to Sugar House Casino
- 7-minute drive to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- 8-minute drive to the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- 8-minute drive to 30th St. Station
- 9-minute drive to City Hall
- 11-minute drive to Citizen’s Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field
- 12-minute drive to Rittenhouse Square Park
- 12-minute drive to the Philadelphia Zoo
- 12-minute drive to Adventure Aquarium
- 13-minute drive to Susquehanna Bank Center
Masculine decor and wonderful views
Rooms here are contemporary, and have a business-y, chain-like feel. Each features a desk, a wooden chest of drawers, and a couple of black and white photos. Amenities include flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and Wi-Fi (for a fee) -- but the views are the real highlight. Located right between the river and the city, the hotel offers unobstructed water or skyline views from all of its rooms. (Corner Rooms have views of both.)
A wonderful indoor pool with floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides
The great indoor pool is open year-round and features floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides, as well as a skylight and lounge chairs.
A wide selection of machines, and tons of natural light
A few solid perks for families
While it can feel more business-oriented than family-friendly, the hotel does offer a few great perks for families, including free use of cribs and the "Babies Travel Lite" program.
- Large rooms can easily fit a rollaway bed (for a fee)
- Heated pool open year-round
- Free use of cribs
- Through the "Babies Travel Lite" program parents can request all toiletries and baby supplies to be delivered to their room prior to arrival.
- Cable movie channels
A restaurant with outdoor seating, and a café with grab and go options
- Keating’s River Grill is open for all three meals, and has floor-to-ceiling windows offering river views. It is a little expensive, but food quality is good.
- Perk’s Café is open for breakfast, and offers grab-and-go items as well as coffee, juices and pastries that can be enjoyed in the adjacent seating space shared with the bar.
- Keating’s River Grill Bar offers two large flat-screen TVs, bottled and draft beers, wines, and cocktails.
- Waterfront outdoor terrace open for food and drinks during the warmer months.
- Room service available
All the standard business-oriented services -- but no free Internet access
Extensive meeting space and a dedicated concierge
The hotel is popular for business meetings and conventions thanks to its 24,000 square feet of event space. Most of its meeting rooms feature large windows overlooking the river, and all have high-tech equipment for presentations.
- Extensive flexible meeting space, including ballrooms of different sizes and boardrooms
- Catering services available
- Meeting planners and a dedicated concierge
- Full range of audiovisual equipment, including wireless microphones, LCD monitors, projectors, and flip charts
A few great eco-friendly practices
ADA-compliant rooms and an accessible pool
- Handicap-accessible rooms feature lowered closet shelves, switches, peepholes, door latches and towel hooks, as well as strobe-light smoke detectors and fire alarms, raised toilet seats, low-profile box springs, and wide doors.
- Handicap-accessible pool
Customers Who Viewed Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
Address201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, United States
- ADA Double Shower
- ADA Double Tub
- ADA King Shower
- ADA King Tub
- Business Plan Double Room
- Business Plan King Room
- City View Corner King Room
- Double Room
- Junior Suite
- King Room
- Presidential Suite
- VIP Suite
- Waterfront Double Room
- Waterfront King Room