Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 8 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Arizona Grand Resort Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
The water park is the highlight of this kid-friendly resort
This 740-room resort in south Phoenix sprawls across a huge property containing a golf course, one of the country’s largest water parks, and six restaurants. Although the tan stucco exterior is pure 1980s, the well-groomed grounds help make up for the outdated look.
The bustling seven-acre Oasis Water Park draws hundreds of people in season (it's closed from Labor Day to late winter) and forms the focal point of the resort. An eight-story water slide, wave pool, and lazy river offer a perfect remedy to Arizona’s scalding summers. There are also adult pools, an 18-hole golf course, and tennis -- but they're not the main draw here.
The hefty daily resort fee includes Wi-Fi, four passes to the water park, and other amenities, but it's considerably cheaper when the water park is closed.
Nestled against South Mountain in South Phoenix, close to Sky Harbor Airport
The Arizona Grand is in South Phoenix, just off the I-10 Freeway and Baseline Road, on a large property surrounded by businesses. Shuttle service is only offered to the neighboring Arizona Mills shopping mall.
- 5-minute drive to Arizona Mills shopping mall
- 10-minute drive to Arizona State University in Tempe
- 10-minute drive to South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world
- 15-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
- 15-minute drive to Chase Field in downtown Phoenix
- 20-minute drive to the Heard Museum
- 20-minute drive to Papago Park, a popular hiking area
- 20-minute drive to the Phoenix Zoo
- 30-minute drive to downtown Scottsdale
- 35-minute drive to South Mountain Park, which offers biking, jogging, and hiking paths
Two-room suites with sofa beds and tube TVs
Rooms are decorated in a bright, almost beach-y style, with bamboo and rattan furniture, striped fabrics, and both blonde and white woods. But they're showing their age, with nondescript art on the walls, and some minor wear and tear. All rooms include:
- Standard Resort Suite: 540 square feet; king bed
- Deluxe Suite: 540 square feet; king bed; close to water park
- Resort Suite: 540 square feet; king bed; overlooks golf course
- Villa Guestroom: 400 square feet; king bed; flat-screen TV; dining room; luxury bathroom with double vanities
- Hospitality Suite: 800 square feet; private bedroom with king bed and balcony; boardroom table or dining table
- Villa Suite: 980 square feet; master bedroom with king bed, balcony, walk-in closet; luxury tub, glass-enclosed shower, double sink vanity; fully equipped kitchen; dining area; flat-screen TV
- Grand Suite: 1,200 square feet; private bedroom with king bed and balcony; 1.5 baths
- South Mountain Suite: 1,200 square feet; master bedroom with king bed, balcony, walk-in closet; dining room; wet bar; fireplace; flat-screen TVs
- Sedona Grand Suite: 1,200 square feet; two bedrooms with two king beds, two baths; balcony, walk-in closet; dining room; living room; wet bar; flat-screen TVs
- Arizona Grand Suite: 1,980 square feet; three bedrooms with king beds, three baths; two queen sofa beds; balcony, walk-in closet; dining room; wet bar; fireplace; flat-screen TVs
The seven-acre Oasis Water Park, plus an 18-hole golf course and spa
The fitness center
- Seven-acre Oasis Water Park with slides, wave pool, lazy river
- Six adult pools with Jacuzzis
- 18-hole golf course
- Golf driving range
- Golf pro shop
- Arizona Grand Spa
- 117,000 square feet of meeting space
- Bikes for rent
- 24-hour fitness center
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk staff
- Valet or self-parking
- Gift shops
- Outdoor wedding/event space on The Island
- Laundry facilities
- Daily resort fee includes four passes to the water park, phone calls, access to the fitness center, daily newspaper, safe, coffee, and valet parking.
Six dining spots, including a poolside bar & grill and a steakhouse
- The Lobby Grill serves American dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Entrees range from $11 to $27.
- The Lobby Bar serves casual American food for lunch and dinner. Entrees range from $11 to $17.
- Marketplace Cafe serves light fare such as pastries and desserts, as well as Starbucks coffee.
- Aunt Chilada’s Tempe serves Mexican food for lunch and dinner. Entrees range from $13 to $19.
- The Oasis Bar & Grill is located poolside at the Oasis Water Park and serves sandwiches, ice cream, and burgers.
- Rustler’s Rooste is a western steakhouse serving American fare for dinner. Entrees range from $15 to $30.
- Room service available from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The four-pearl Arizona Grand in South Phoenix is a family haven. It has one of the biggest water parks in the country, complete with slides and lazy river tubing, and the comfortable (if slightly dated) rooms all have separate living areas with sofa beds. But the daily resort fee -- which includes Wi-Fi, passes to the water park, and other extras -- can add up.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Arizona Grand Resort
- 8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway, Phoenix, Central Arizona 85044, United States
- Arizone Grand Suite
- Deluxe Suite
- Grand Suite
- Hospitality Suite
- Premier Suite
- Resort Suite
- Sedona Grand Suite
- South Mountain Suite
- Villa Guest Room
- Villa Suite
- Villa Two Bedroom Suite