Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 6 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
An adequate mid-range, 218-room, family-friendly hotel
On the outside, the Clarion looks like a motel, with exterior room entrances and an aging building. But the rooms are solidly mid-range (if cramped), and the pool within the Clarion’s shady, grassy courtyard is lovely. It's unremarkable overall, but the location is convenient for exploring downtown Scottsdale.
Adjacent to Old Town Scottsdale, on the main artery of Scottsdale Road
Numerous shops, art galleries, nightclubs, and restaurants are located within one mile. The Scottsdale Waterfront and Fashion Square, two upscale shopping locations, are a five-minute drive away. Shuttle service is free within five miles.
- 5-minute drive to Old Town Scottsdale
- 5-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall and Scottsdale Waterfront
- 5-minute drive to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts
- 5-minute drive to Scottsdale’s trendiest nightclubs
- 5-minute drive to Scottsdale Stadium for Giants spring training baseball games
- 15-minute drive to Echo Canyon Park, a popular hiking trail
- 20-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
- 30-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
Comfortable beds and iPod docks, but limited space
Don’t expect to be wowed by the rooms, which are small and have exterior entrances. The decor itself, at least (aside from the worn red carpets) is basic but tasteful, with sturdy wood furniture and some cool southwestern touches (such as carved wood art on the walls).
All rooms include:
- Standard: 200 square feet; parking lot view; king or two queen beds; tube TV; wheelchair accessible unit on ground floor
- Standard Pool-View: 200 square feet; pool view; king or two queen beds; 32-inch flat-screen TV; wheelchair accessible unit on ground floor
- Executive King: King bed; one-person sofa bed; flat-screen TV; mini-fridge and microwave
- Two-Room Suite: King bed; one-person sofa bed; flat-screen TV; mini-fridge and microwave
Heated pool and free parking
A Mexican restaurant and room service
- Papi Chulo’s Mexican Grill and Cantina serves Mexican-American food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a casual space with light wood tables and wrought iron chandeliers. Menu items include the Chicken in Mole Sauce ($14) and Chile Relleno ($12). Entrees range from $12 to $18.
- The Tesoro Lounge has a full bar and big, comfy couches
- Room service available 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Many dining options are available nearby in the Old Town district
If your priorities are affordable rates and proximity to Old Town Scottsdale, the Clarion is a fine -- if unremarkable -- choice. The basic, clean rooms have motel-style entrances and are cramped by large furniture, but at least there are iPod docks and free Wi-Fi. The spacious pool area is also a highlight. If you'd rather be within walking distance of the Old Town district, consider the Scottsdale Marriott Suites.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Clarion Hotel Scottsdale
- 5101 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- Business Room
- Parking Area View Room
- Pool View Room
- Smaller Room