Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 6 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Elegant styling inside and out, great views, and an exquisite spa
The Montelucia offers luxury and elegance within its Spanish-style stone walls -- and a fantastic view of picturesque Camelback Mountain. Celebs such as President Obama and Toby Keith have stayed at the Montelucia, and it’s easy to see why: The grounds are lovely, the location is secluded, the 293 rooms feature sophisticated decor, and the Joya Spa, Prado Restaurant, and two heated pools are all top-notch. As expected, this isn’t a resort for those who count their pennies: Extra fees abound, and prices in the restaurants are steep. Yet for the well-heeled, the Montelucia is among the top resorts in Arizona, and the location is hard to beat.
Close to shopping and hiking in Paradise Valley
The Montelucia is located in the upscale Paradise Valley section of Scottsdale, just off Lincoln Drive and Tatum Blvd. It’s a quarter-mile from Camelback Mountain, in a residential district. Guests interested in hiking can walk to Echo Canyon, where a popular, steep trail leads to the top of Camelback. (The parking lot can fill up early, so this is a definite advantage.) Numerous shops, art galleries, nightclubs, and restaurants are a 10-minute drive away in Old Town Scottsdale. Shuttle service is not offered, but a city trolley stops at Montelucia in the winter months to take guests to shopping in Scottsdale.
- 15-minute walk or 5-minute drive to Echo Canyon Park, a popular hiking trail
- 10-minute drive to Old Town Scottsdale
- 10-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall
- 10-minute drive to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts
- 10-minute drive to Scottsdale Stadium for Giants spring training baseball
- 20-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
- 20-minute drive to the Heard Museum
- 20-minute drive to the Music Instrument Museum
- 20-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
Spacious, with Spanish-inspired details and up-to-date tech features
One-Bedroom Deluxe Suite
Big, luxurious rooms have a Spanish-y feel in keeping with the rest of the resort. Decor includes dark woods, big mirrors, and metal stud detailing on some of the furniture. The beds are plush and comfortable, and the technology is impressive: Not only are there iPod docks, but the big flat-screen TVs have DVR available for certain channels. But the condition of the rooms isn't perfect; some furniture is showing nicks and scratches, and the carpets could use refreshing.
- Two heated pools: The lively Kasbah Pool, with a big Jacuzzi and poolside lounge, and the quieter adults-only Oasis Pool, with a Jacuzzi and views of Camelback Mountain (though some guests have complained that the adults-only rule is not enforced).
- Joya Spa features spa services, salon services, fitness classes, and a rooftop terrace pool, which has some of the property's best views of Camelback Mountain. The resort fee covers guest use of the lounge, dry sauna, and wet sauna (but the spa pool is reserved for guests who have treatments).
- 24-hour fitness center with spinner bikes on outside patio, overlooking Camelback Mountain
- 24-hour business center (fees apply)
- Planet Trekkers Kids Club offers theater, gaming systems, computers, billiards, air hockey, foosball, life-size chess, and day camp activities for children five to 12. The first hour is free for resort guests, as well as for any guests dining at Prado or getting a treatment at Joya. After that, it's $35 for a half day or $70 for a full day.
- 24-hour concierge
- Free newspaper
- Wi-Fi available throughout the property (use is included in the daily resort fee)
- Preferred pricing and tee times with area golf courses
- 101,00 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space
- $24 daily resort fee covers use of Wi-Fi, spa facilities, and the kids' club.
- Valet parking
- Laundry facilities
- Prado Restaurant serves American and Italian dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Entrees range from $20 to $38.
- MBar serves appetizers and sandwiches.
- Crave Cafe serves coffee, pastries, and bottled wines.
- ROQ serves American dishes in an outdoor setting with views of Camelback Mountain. Entrees range from $21 to $39.
- Julia Baker Chocolate & Dessert Boutique serves desserts, chocolate, and drinks.
- Joya Terrace and JJuice Bar is located on the roof of the spa, with views of Camelback Mountain, and serves healthy dishes and juices to go with the Joya Spa experience.
- Room service available 24 hours
- Many dining options are available nearby in Scottsdale and Phoenix.
This Spanish villa-style property with great views of Camelback Mountain is one of Scottsdale's most luxurious desert retreats. The grounds feature pretty floral-lined walkways and arched entrances, and sophisticated rooms have lots of Spanish-inspired details, including dark woods and big mirrors. But all the extra fees can add up.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Montelucia Resort & Spa
- 4949 East Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, AZ, 85253, US
- Deluxe Poolside Guestroom
- Deluxe Resort View Guestroom
- Full Camelback View 2 Queens Guestroom
- Full Camelback View King Guestroom
- Full Camelback View Suite
- Grand Mountain View Guestroom
- Grand View Suite
- Oasis Full Camelback View Guestroom
- Oasis Poolside 2 Queens Guestroom
- Oasis Poolside King Guestroom
- One Bedroom Deluxe Resort View Suite
- One Bedroom Oasis Poolside Suite
- Premium Resort View Suite