Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
The sprawling 326-room Scottsdale Resort is upscale both inside and out. Marble bathrooms and Spanish hacienda-style furnishings make the rooms feel elegant (if not quite luxurious), while the lobby , restaurants, and grounds all reflect careful grooming and attention to detail. The many available activities include tennis, bike rentals, and golfing at the McCormick Ranch Golf Club next door (home to two 18-hole courses).
Employees tend to stick around at the Scottsdale Resort; the average staff member has been with the resort for nine years, unusual in an industry notorious for high turnover. Everyone from the head chef to the bellboys to the management spoke highly of the company, indicating a dedication to treating people well. This has a ripple effect that is apparent in the good service throughout the resort.
This hotel also goes above the norm with its environmental initiatives. The resort takes part in the Clean The World campaign, which donates unused toiletries such as soap and shampoo to third world countries in need of hygiene. Energy-efficient appliances and fixtures have been installed throughout the property, as have recycle bins. Styrofoam use has been eliminated.
In Scottsdale, next to the McCormick Ranch Golf Course
The hotel is in central Scottsdale, on a side street about one mile from the busy thoroughfare of Scottsdale Road. The setting is quiet and private, with the large McCormick Ranch Golf Course surrounding the resort on two sides. Getting to the restaurants and shopping in Scottsdale will require a drive. Shuttle service to either Sky Harbor or Scottsdale Airports is offered for a $24 one-way, per person fee.
- 10-minute drive to Old Town Scottsdale
- 10-minute drive to Fashion Square shopping mall and Scottsdale Waterfront
- 15-minute drive to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts
- 15-minute drive to Scottsdale Stadium for Giants spring training baseball
- 15-minute drive to Echo Canyon Park, a popular hiking trail
- 15-minute drive to Scottsdale Airport
- 20-minute drive to Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural center
- 30-minute drive to Sky Harbor International Airport
- 30-minute drive to the Music Instrument Museum in Phoenix
Flat-screen TVs and Spanish-inspired decor
All rooms include:
- Deluxe Queen Room: 345 square feet; two queen beds; marble bathroom; wheelchair-accessible rooms available
- Deluxe King Room: 345 square feet; king bed; marble bathroom; wheelchair-accessible rooms available
- Casita Suite: 1,200 square feet; king bed; living room; fireplace; dining area; kitchen; either a wet bar or boardroom table; patio with direct access to casita pool; four separate bedrooms adjoining the suite can be reserved
- Presidential Suite: 1,375 square feet; canopy king bed; living room; fireplace; dining area; kitchen; views of golf course; original artwork; entertainment center; wet bar; balcony; patio with direct access to private pool
Two heated pools and a 24-hour fitness center
- Two heated pools: A busier rectangular pool, with a poolside bar, Jacuzzi, and numerous lounge chairs; and the quieter Casita Pool, with views of the golf course
- Amansala Spa and Salon
- McCormick Ranch Golf courses next door with preferred guest rates
- 24-hour fitness center
- Bikes on loan
- Tennis courts
- Basketball court
- 7 mile-path for jogging or biking
- Media center for producing audio-visual media of events
- 24-hour business services center, plus an on-site graphic design team available to assist with projects
- 24-hour front desk staff
- Valet parking (included with resort fee)
- Laundry facilities
- Safety deposit box big enough for laptops
- 50,000 square feet of meeting space
- The “Sundry Shop” open 24 hours with snacks and sundries
- Resort fee covers daily newspaper, local calls, valet parking, Wi-Fi, fitness center, rental bicycles, tennis courts, and early morning coffee bar
Two restaurants, a lounge with casual dining, a pool bar, and room service
- The Palm Court is a renowned fine dining restaurant that serves American cuisine with a Southwestern flair for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Vista Verde serves American dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Menu items include Pasta Primavera and Angus Beef Sliders
- Sangria’s Lounge serves drinks and appetizers until late at night.
- Palapas Pool Bar serves drinks and room service fare.
- Room service available
- Many dining options are available nearby in Scottsdale.
This 326-room resort in central Scottsdale, next to the high-end McCormick Ranch Golf Course, is upscale but laid-back, with expansive, landscaped grounds and Spanish-style architecture. Its attractive, casual pools and attentive staff are highlights, but the rooms -- while nice -- aren't quite luxurious.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center
- 7700 E McCormick Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ, 85258, US
- Casita Suite
- Deluxe 2 Queen Room
- Deluxe 2 Queens Golf View Room
- Deluxe 2 Queens Pool View Room
- Deluxe King Room
- Presidential Suite