Courtyard by Marriott Providence DowntownProvidence, Rhode Island, United States
- Pricey self parking
- Restaurant only open for breakfast and dinner
- Rooms closer to the ground floor and facing parking can encounter a lot of street noise
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
Standard mid-range chain experience
Courtyard Providence Downtown is a mid-range chain, so while you shouldn’t expect unique furnishings or luxury surroundings, it’s a comfortable hotel in a great location. There are no surprises here, aside from the steep daily parking charge. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the indoor pool should make families happy year-round. Sure, the fitness center isn’t huge, and there isn’t a restaurant on-site (the lounge serves only cocktails), but chances are if you’re staying here, you’re not spending most of your day here anyway.
It’s all about the location with this hotel. Across the street from the Providence Place Mall and Rhode Island Convention Center, the hotel is smack in the middle of everything, walking distance to plenty of sights, shopping, and restaurants. And if you want a great view of the WaterFire events that happen during the summer, book a room on the river side of the building and you won’t even have to brave the crowds to enjoy it.
Right across the street from the Rhode Island Convention Center
Walking distance to a number of pubs, clubs, and restaurants, and across the street from the Providence Place Mall, Courtyard Providence Downtown is a great location for travelers wanting to be in the middle of all the action. Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel and the Providence Performing Arts Center are a couple of notable spots. Every summer, don't miss the spectacle of WaterFire -- 100 bonfires are lit just above the surface of the water on the three rivers that pass through downtown.
Providence has always been a bit like Boston's little sister. When it came to East Coast cities, it was always a question of "Boston or New York?" for travelers. However, that has started to change over the years. Providence is coming into its own. The capital of the smallest state in the country, Providence is densely populated and chock full of interesting things to see and do, such as the Riverwalk, historic buildings dating back to pre-revolutionary times, and the oldest Baptist church in America. Not to mention, it's an easily walkable city. Of course, those used to a grid system may get a little lost walking the streets of Providence, which seem to have no rhyme or reason to the way they run.
- 13-minute drive to T.F. Green Airport
- 62-minute drive to Boston Logan Airport
- 5-minute walk to Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel and the Providence Performing Arts Center
- 10-minute walk to Amtrak Station in the Capital Centre Project
- 10-minute walk to the Riverwalk with plenty of running and walking paths, the Fleet Ice Skating Center, and the Rhode Island Convention Center
- 10-minute drive to The Roger Williams Park with a zoo, planetarium, carousel, and lake
- 42-minute drive to Newport
- 80-minutes on public transportation to Boston
Standard chain hotel rooms with modern features
The rooms at Courtyard Providence Downtown are appropriate for a chain hotel. They're clean and comfortable, and were designed with the business traveler in mind: There's free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs in every room, plus mini-fridges and microwaves. They have a warm brick-red and tan color scheme with a nice selection of modern furnishings, and a graphic wallpaper backdrop behind the beds. If you want a quieter stay, book rooms that don’t overlook the parking area and are higher up.
- Coffeemakers with free coffee and tea
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-screen TVs
- Microwaves and mini-fridges
- Air-conditioning and heating units can be loud
- Some rooms have Jacuzzi tubs for two, pull-out sofas, living areas, wet bars, and windows that can be opened.
- Some rooms have views of downtown Providence WaterPlace Park or views of the WaterFire basin.
The parking charges are steep, but in line with the area
- Indoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Well-lit, modern fitness center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free coffee, hot chocolate, and hot cider in the lobby daily
- Airport shuttle to and from T.F. Green Airport, for a fee
- Small convenience-story style market with snacks, beverages, and daily newspaper
- Business center with fax, copy, printing, overnight delivery/pickup services, some for a fee
- Self-parking available, although it is pricey and other nearby options aren’t much cheaper
- On-site American restaruant, The Bistro, open for breakfast and dinner
Customers Who Viewed Courtyard by Marriott Providence Downtown Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Courtyard by Marriott Providence Downtown
Address32 Exchange Terrace at Memorial Blvd, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, United States
- King Guestroom
- Larger King Guestroom
- One Bedroom Suite
- Queen Guestroom