Desire Pearl Resort & Spa, Riviera MayaPuerto Morelos, Mexico
- On a white-sand beach with turquoise waters outside Puerto Morelos
- Large, airy rooms with modern amenities and balconies
- All bathrooms have separate showers and soaking tubs
- Great spa with treatments for couples and salon services
- Huge beachfront pool with a swim-up bar and entertainment
- Large whirlpool with cabanas, a swim-up bar and loud evening parties
- Two restaurants and several bars; no reservations required
- Rowdy nightclub with a couples-only game room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fee for room service
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 102 Amenities
- 34 Beach
- 32 Junior Suite
- 55 Master Suite with Plunge Pool
- 70 Ocean View Room with Plunge Pool
- 31 Pool
Oyster Hotel Review
Rowdy, clothing-optional, and sensual
The Desire Pearl offers a fun and rowdy vacation in a gorgeous beachfront location outside Puerto Morelos. Just like its sister property down the road, the Pearl is a clothing-optional all-inclusive resort geared towards heterosexual couples only. The vibe here is quite provocative -- with entertainment that ranges from foam parties to strippers nights -- but open-minded guests who only want to experience the clothing-optional part of it will not necessarily feel offended, as sex is only allowed in two public spaces (namely, the whirlpool and the Sin Room, located adjacent to the nightclub), and respect is the number one house rule here.
The Pearl draws a somewhat younger crowd than its sister property, the Desire Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, and everything feels a tad less racy here (yet it is still naughty and can get pretty X-rated). For the spiciest experience, couples can head to the Sin Room, which is a small room off the nightclub featuring round lounge beds and a sex swing.
Rooms are cute with rustic touches and modern amenities, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and free Wi-Fi. They’re all large and airy, and feature at least a small sitting area, as well as a furnished balcony or patio with either ocean or garden views. Bathrooms have separate showers and tubs.
In Puerto Morelos, a more subdued area south of Cancun with tranquil beaches and great snorkeling
The Desire Pearl is located right outside Puerto Morelos, a calm, secluded area with tranquil beaches. The resort is all-inclusive and stocked with amenities, but there isn’t much within walking distance.
Puerto Morelos is a former fishing village located halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. The area serves as a perfect compromise for anyone looking for Cancun's stunning beaches minus the hordes of tourists. The impressive reefs just offshore attract a fair share of divers, and many come to take a dip in the inland cenotes (massive sinkholes filled with crystal-clear groundwater). The laid-back vibe of the area makes it great for spending a day lounging or exploring, and unwinding with dinner at a beachfront restaurant.
- 20-minute drive to Cancun International Airport
- 4-minute drive to Puerto Morelos' shopping, restaurants and reef snorkeling
- 30-minute drive to Playa del Carmen
- 35-minute drive to Xcaret
- 1-hour drive to Xel-Ha
- 1-hour drive to the Mayan ruins at Tulum
- 2-hours and 25-minute drive to Chichen Itza ruins
Large, bright and airy, with modern amenities and cute rustic decor
The Desire Pearl offers several room types, ranging from Standard Rooms with garden or ocean views to stunning penthouses with private plunge pools and expansive views. All rooms feature a sitting area, a furnished balcony or patio, and separate showers and soaking tubs. They’re all spacious and bright, and feature great amenities, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and Free Wi-Fi. Decor is cute and slightly country, with blue and wood accents, and most bathrooms have peek-a-boo shutters opening onto the room.
Huge pool with tons of loungers and a swim-up bar
The resort features one huge free-form pool with ocean views. There are tons of loungers, but they are reserved through the Pool Concierge, and guests are encouraged to make reservations early. There is bar service available, as well as a busy swim-up bar with music, a small whirlpool, and entertainment and activities during the day, including volleyball, horse shoes, foam parties, and fashion shows.
Right before sunset, the action moves to the huge whirlpool, featuring its own swim-up bar, outdoor showers, cabanas, and loud parties until after dinner (it is one of the two public areas where couples are allowed to have sex).
On a gorgeous white-sand beach with turquoise waters
The Desire Pearl is located on a white-sand beach right outside quiet Puerto Morelos. There are cabanas (for Pentahouse guests only) and padded loungers, as well as bar service and a volleyball court. Divers can book a day trip at the beach for a fee.
A well-equipped gym with a separate yoga room
A nice spa offering treatments for couples and salon services
The Desire Pearl has a spa with several treatment rooms, a few whirlpools, and a salon offering hair and nail services. It is quiet and lit by candles, making it a romantic and relaxing spot. There are special packages for couples, and a long list of sensual and more traditional massages available.
Options are more limited than at other nearby resorts, but the food is more than decent, and reservations are not required.
- Aphrodite is the hotel’s international buffet. It is open for all three meals, and has themed nights, such as Italian, Brazilian and Mexican. It offers outdoor seating with ocean and pool views.
- Pearl serves aphrodisiac and Mediterranean fare in a sexy, dimly lit space. It has outdoor seating at long high tables, as well as a selection of late night snacks available until right before breakfast.
- Room service is available 24 hours a day (for a fee).
A lobby bar, two swim-up bars, and a racy nightclub
- Agave is the hotel’s 24-hour lobby bar, and is where many couples start the night with a drink after dinner. There is entertainment in the lobby most nights.
- The main pool’s swim-up bar opens after breakfast and closes before dinner.
- The whirlpool has another swim-up bar that stays open till late.
- The nightclub opens after dinner and closes late.
The all-inclusive rate includes everything but the use of cabanas and room service.
24-hour room service, free Wi-Fi, and tour operator on-site
Poolside activities during the day, and steamy entertainment after dark
The resort offers an extensive entertainment and activities program that starts after breakfast and ends before midnight. There are fitness classes, beach volley games, trivia sessions, horse shoes, fashion shows, and foam parties during the day. At night, the atmosphere becomes steamier, with themed nights, such as Arabian Outfit & Belly Dancers, Masks & Cloaks, and Angels and Devils. After the dinner service, the entertainment is taken indoors, with long nights at the clothing-optional nightclub.
Customers Who Viewed Desire Pearl Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Whether you hate tan lines and sand in your swim trunks, or just love the feeling of sunbathing au naturel…
One way to ensure a stress-free vacation is to head to an all-inclusive resort where you don't have to reach…
Whether its to kickstart a relationship, revive a relationship, or simply maintain a relationship, couples (of all ages.. and degrees…
For some travelers, itsy bitsy bikinis or revealing Speedos just don't cut it -- a vacation isn't a vacation without…