Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa VallartaNuevo Vallarta, Mexico
- Great views from most of the room and suites
- Ultra-comfortable bedding and gorgeous room design
- Infinity pool overlooking the beach
- Luxurious, Asian-style spa offers myriad innovative treatments
- All-inclusive plans allow a la carte dining
- Beach-side hot tubs and sushi bar
- Spa, restaurants, and fitness center all partly outdoors
- Location is a long way out of town
- Wi-Fi fees
- Giant neighboring hotel blocks some views
- Some rooms have no decks or view
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
A well-designed hotel on a gorgeous stretch of beach
Here at the north end of Nuevo Vallarta, there is a cluster of hotels on the beach, and not much else -- which means the hotels had better get it right. The upper-middle-range Bel Air Collection gets it right, for the most part. With 250 rooms, the Bel Air is not exactly small, but it feels appropriately scaled, in part because the guestroom towers, the low rise buildings containing the lobby and other public spaces, and the gardens, grounds, and pool are so casually yet carefully knit together. There are other hotels in the area with more, better, bigger everything, but they don’t quite hang together as seamlessly as this one does.
The elegant informality of the lobby, with its trio of leather sofas facing out from a simple vertical sculpture under a palapa roof, sets the tone. From there towards the beach, it’s a meandering stroll through a gorgeous garden, and then the freeform infinity pool appears before you, its edge seamlessly flowing into the Pacific beyond. The aesthetic is sophisticated, elegant, and soothing.
The hotel contains some timeshare units and condominiums, meaning some of the room options listed below can be combined in different ways. There are also different pricing levels -- packaged as “experiences” -- which up the amenities ante, and the all-inclusive element of the hotel is also available in different packages.
On a newly developed stretch of Flamingos Beach in Nuevo Vallarta
The Bel Air is on a newly developed stretch of Flamingos Beach in Nuevo Vallarta, which means there are still a few half-built hotel towers, empty lots, and other not-so-pretty signs of ongoing development to be seen. But right across the road you'll find a lush green jungle -- the upside to the newness of the location. Other than the other hotels nearby -- and there are several -- beyond the beach there is not much here except the road to there.
The hotel is in the far north of Nuevo Vallarta -- about 12 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta Airport. The next town, Bucerias, is about a mile away.
- 12-minute drive to Puerto Vallarta Airport
- 10-minute walk to Bucerias, a fishing village
- 22-minute drive to downtown Puerto Vallarta
Standard rooms are a bit small, but they look amazing -- and are super comfortable
The rooms here are very smartly designed, with a mix of light white (super luxe and comfy) bedding, walls, and curtains and dark wood furniture and doors. The contrast is striking, in a very good way. The baths are modern -- all marble with deep soaking tubs. Keep in mind, the Deluxe Rooms (the hotel's standard size) are a little bit small and have no balconies. But all other rooms -- lofts and suites -- have balconies (some overlooking the Pacific) and kitchenettes.
- Deluxe Rooms are small, but all have iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
- Striking interior design -- mostly bright white with dark wood
- Modern, marble baths with deep soaking tubs
- Loft Rooms have balconies and kitchenettes
- Master Suites have ocean-view balconies, kitchenettes, a separate living area, and private bedroom
One of the most breathtaking infinity pools around
More interesting dining choices than your average all-inclusive
- Palm Terrace serves international fusion, with outdoor beach-side seating available.
- Ciao Mexico serves an Italian Mexican fusion menu, a la carte style; dinner only.
- Sushi Martini offers an array of sushi and martinis on a terrace overlooking the beach; afternoons only.
- Bar Nautico is an enclosed sports bar up a spiral stair from the Palm Terrace, open afternoon into the evening.
- Shipwreck Island does drinks and snacks at poolside in the daytime.
Customers Who Viewed Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We just got back from Riviera Nayarit in western Mexico, known for its 190 miles of beautiful sandy beaches, wonderful…
Things You Should Know About Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
AddressBlvd Costero 800 Sur, Fracc. Flamingos, Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit 63732, Mexico
- Master Suite
- Standard Room