Four Seasons Punta MitaPunta Mita, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
- On 2 private fine-sand beaches in exclusive Punta Mita
- Access to 2 Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses with striking ocean views
- Elegant rooms with upscale amenities and marble bathrooms
- Full-service spa with great treatments and salon services
- 10 tennis courts, a 55-foot yacht charter, and fun lessons
- 3 pools, including an adults-only one and a lazy river
- 4 solid restaurants, all with ocean views and outdoor seating
- Large fitness center with personal trainers and free classes
- Kid-friendly amenities include: outstanding kids’ club, kiddy pool, and kids’ menus
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- 45-minute drive from the airport, in an area with little local flavor
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 47 Adults-Only Pools
- 176 Amenities
- 44 Beach
- 13 Lazy River
- 22 Nuna Pool
- 73 One-Bedroom Oceanfront Suite
Oyster Hotel Review
One of the most exclusive and kid-friendly hotels in all Riviera Nayarit
Rivaled only by The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort and maybe a couple of hotels in the Nuevo Vallarta area, the Four Seasons is still one of the top hotels in Riviera Nayarit over two decades after its opening. Constant upkeeps, excellent service, and a thorough attention to detail make it popular with the rich and occasionally the famous. The St. Regis has a somewhat sleeker feel to it, but the Four Seasons is distinguished. It’s popular with families for its myriad kid-friendly options and with couples for its romantic details.
The Four Seasons is a sprawling property with manicured grounds dotted with original artwork by renowned and up-and-coming artists. (The hotel offers guided tours of the property’s pieces of art.) It has a privileged location right on the very tip of exclusive Punta Mita, and so it has not one but two pretty fine-sand beaches, both with calm waters that are great for families with children.
The lobby is one of the most striking features of this property. It is an elegant open space with a thatched roof and a terrace offering a drink menu. Upon entering, guests have great views of the ocean and the grounds, as there is no fourth wall or windows to close off the lobby.
In Punta Mita, an exclusive gated community 45 minutes north of the airport
With its posh golf courses and high-end homes, Punta Mita is a sheltered, secure, and tranquil place facing the Pacific Ocean at the northernmost tip of Banderas Bay. It’s about an hour northwest of Puerto Vallarta, and feels completely removed and self-contained, which is clearly the intention here. There is little local flavor here, but El Anclote, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, and Sayulita, all more authentic to a certain extent, are a short drive away.
- 45-minute drive to the airport
- 5-minute drive to two golf courses
- 20-minute drive to the small towns of Bucerias and Sayulita
- 30-minute drive to Nuevo Vallarta
- 35-minute drive to San Pancho
- 40-minute drive to Vallarta Adventures
- 1-hour drive to Downtown and Old Town Puerto Vallarta
Elegant rooms with upscale amenities and either a furnished balcony or a terrace
The Four Seasons Punta Mita has two different room types: Casitas and Suites. Casitas are the standard rooms here, but feature most of the same high-end amenities as the suites, including a furnished balcony or terrace, L’Occitane toiletries, and iPod docks. Suites can have either one or two bedrooms, plus a living room and a terrace with a hammock and plunge pool. Views from both room types can be of the gardens or the ocean. Decor is elegant, with lots of wood accents and marble bathrooms, but only a few Mexican touches, such as rugs with regional-inspired patterns and local artwork on the walls. All rooms sleep at least three adults, or two adults and two kids. Suites have a queen pull-out couch and can fit a rollaway bed and one crib. Casitas with two queen beds instead of a king can fit a rollaway bed or a crib, and those with a king bed have a sleeper sofa.
- Furnished terraces (rooms on the first floor only) or balconies
- Large plasma TVs (two in suites) with DVD players and all-news cable network
- Four Seasons Signature beds with down pillows and hypoallergenic pillows (on request)
- Marble bathrooms with separate showers and deep soaking tubs; suites also have a guest bathroom with a shower.
- Stocked minibars
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- iPod docks
Two adults-only pools, an infinity-edge pool, and a lazy river, plus cabanas and bar service
The Four Seasons has three gorgeous pools, including a family-friendly, infinity-edge heated pool overlooking the ocean; a lazy river; and an adults-only pool complex with two beautiful pools and two plunge pools.
- Shallow area for kids in the heated infinity-edge pool
- Large whirlpool with ocean views by the infinity pool
- Bar service available in all pools
- Cabanas with flat-screen TVs, DVD players, Wi-Fi, chaise lounges and minibar with refreshments; drink and food service available
- Sunscreen lotion, towels and cooling facial sprays available at every pool
High-end machines, and free classes offered seasonally
The fitness center at the Four Seasons is large and high-end, with modern machines featuring built-in TVs, natural light, and separate areas for strength training and cardio exercise.
- Certified personal trainers available on request
- Free juice, fruits, bottled water, towels and headsets
- Steam room, sauna, and whirlpool
- Free classes are offered seasonally and include yoga, aqua aerobics, stretch, hiking and kayak tours.
A serene spa with great treatments and massages for couples
Apuane Spa offers a long list of great treatments and a serene environment. Massage cabins are spacious and attractive, with marble floors, wood furniture, plush beds for massages, and low, soothing lights. Cabins for two feature deep soaking tubs (which the staff will decorate with rose petals), and a large walk-in shower with bathrobes, slippers, and L’Occitane toiletries.
- Body treatments include scrubs, hydrotherapy, wraps, massages, reflexology, and packages for two.
- In-room and poolside treatments available
- Facials, collagen treatments, mani-pedis, and other salon services available
One of the most kid-friendly hotels in Riviera Nayarit
The Four Seasons is one of the top options in Riviera Nayarit for families traveling with kids and teens. It not only offers children’s menus at all restaurants and a wonderful kids’ and teens' club, but a slew of kid-friendly activities and amenities.
- Free use of the kids' and teens' club complete with PlayStation consoles, DVD players, flat-screen TVs, Wii, games, ping-pong and foosball tables, a jungle gym, and a movie theater. Free healthy snacks and unsweetened drinks available throughout the day.
- Children’s amenities include welcome gifts, alphabet bath sponges, baby toiletries, items to childproof the room, and free use of cribs, high chairs, strollers, playpens, baby bathtubs, and changing stations.
- Up to two children 18 and under or three kids under 12 stay free when sharing their parent's room.
- Lazy river, and a shallow area in the infinity pool
- Dozens of family-friendly activities, including golf, hiking, kayak tours, arts and crafts, T-shirt painting, bonfires, and snorkeling
- Babysitting services upon request
- Loaner DVDs, books, and games available
- Concierge services
Four restaurants, all with ocean views and outdoor seating
- Aramara is an elegant restaurant serving Mexican cuisine with Asian touches. There is indoor and outdoor seating, and a bar with a lounge area and live music several nights a week. Open for dinner.
- Bahia is located on the beach and offers a seafood menu and grill items. Weekly four-hour cooking classes with the chef available; open for dinner only.
- Ketsi is a casual spot serving Mexican classics, as well as sandwiches, salads, and seafood under a palapa with ocean views. It is open for all three meals, and offers weekly cooking classes with the chef.
- Tail of the Whale is located in the golf clubhouse and offers views both of the ocean and the golf courses. Open for breakfast and lunch.
- The hotel offers couples a romantic, private spot on a bluff overlooking the ocean for dinners and special occasions.
Dozens of high-end services, including a private yacht and free Spanish lessons
- Private 10-person yacht for day trips and entertaining
- Guided art tours around the property
- Free Spanish lessons
- Early morning coffee and pastries
- Business center with audiovisual equipment and presentation supplies
- Airline reservation service
- Fee for Wi-Fi
- Valet parking
- Babysitting services upon request (for a fee)
- Several boutiques selling high-end products, food, jewelry, and clothing
- Free snorkeling equipment
Two beautiful beaches with calm waters
The Four Seasons is located on the very tip of Punta Mita, and offers two pretty, fine-sand beaches, one on each side of the rock promontory that is the tip of the peninsula. There are plush loungers, straw umbrellas and cabanas, bar service, and free use of towels, books, magazines, and sunscreen lotion.
Two world-class golf courses with ocean views
The Four Seasons offers access to two top-notch golf courses in Punta Mita, both designed by Jack Nicklaus and offering striking ocean views. There is an upscale but casual restaurant and a pro shop, as well as club rental services, clinics, and lessons with a pro. Whales can be seen from most holes during their seasonal migration.
- Bahia is an 18-hole, par 72 golf course known for its challenging downhill fairways and greens with panoramic views of Banderas Bay.
- Pacifico is an 18-hole, par 72 golf course spreading over 200 acres of rolling hills with beautiful ocean and mountain views. Its most famous feature is Hole 3B, which is the world’s only natural island green.
Tennis, water sports, and free fitness lessons
- Ten tennis courts (five hard and five synthetic grass), complete with clinics, tennis lessons, ball machines, racquet rentals, night lights, and free use of practice balls and shoes. Fees apply for use of courts.
- Basketball and volleyball courts, salsa lessons, stand-up paddle boards, boogie boards, Frisbees, and one-and two-person kayaks available on-site
- Fitness center with personal trainers upon request and free classes (seasonally)
- Access to two top-notch golf courses in Punta Mita
Wheelchair accessible rooms available
The hotel offers a number of wheelchair-accessible rooms, all on the first floor and adapted for those with special needs, including wider doorways, roll-in showers and lowered toilet seats.
In an exclusive gated community home to the rich and famous
The Four Seasons was the first hotel to be built inside exclusive Punta Mita, a gated community north of Bucerias. Several security guards stand by the entrance, taking note of the driver’s name and the vehicle’s destination. The area is home to some of the wealthiest families in Mexico, including prominent businessmen and politicians, and security is takes seriously.
Customers Who Viewed Four Seasons Punta Mita Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
We're always looking for an excuse to go on vacation, and thanks in large part to pregnant celebrities, "babymoons" are…
For couples seeking a relaxing oasis, adults-only pools make a big splash as grownups can take a swim without getting…
Things You Should Know About Four Seasons Punta Mita
AddressBahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita, Riviera Nayarit 63734, Mexico
- Arena Suite
- Casita Room - Beachfront
- Casita Room - Garden View
- Casita Room - Oceanfront
- Casita Room - Ocean View
- Coral Suite
- Luna Suite
- One-Bedroom Garden-View Suite
- One-Bedroom Oceanfront Suite
- One-Bedroom Ocean-View Suite
- One-Bedroom Superior Suite
- Sol Suite