The Royal Suites Punta Mita by PalladiumPunta Mita, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
- Quiet, serene location northwest of Puerto Vallarta
- Acres of beautifully landscaped jungle grounds
- Adults-only property with natural ocean swimming pool
- Simple rooms with flat-screen TVs and patios
- On-site zoo with monkeys and crocodiles
- Private beach with grass palapas for shade
- Some balconies offer soaking tubs with ocean views
- Room service is available 24 hours a day
- Remote location is far from Puerto Vallarta
- Oceanfront location, yet few rooms with ocean views
- Long walks between facilities
- Somewhat noisy scene at main resort pool
- Some outdated features like comforters instead of duvets
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 9 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Lush adults-only hideaway
The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium sets the scene with a combination of lush, manicured jungle grounds and enchanting beaches. This adults-only resort offers a relaxing, private beach that's great for surfing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and sailing. To encourage even more relaxation, there's a natural saltwater swimming pool, some balconies with soaking tubs overlooking the ocean, and a spa, too. While there are restaurants and bars on-site, this area is not known for its nightlife. The remote location, removed from Puerto Vallarta, is great for couples looking to kick back and enjoy the setting, restaurants, and a few frozen cocktails.
A serene, remote location an hour northwest of Puerto Vallarta
Travelers looking to escape the manic scene in Puerto Vallarta will appreciate the remote location of the Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium. This section of the northern Bahia Banderas is reached by driving north out of Puerto Vallarta on Highway 200.
Taxi fares for one to four people (the peso is usually between 10 and 13 to the dollar):
- Airport: 360 pesos
- Punta Mita: 120 pesos
- Sayulita: 335 pesos
- La Cruz di Huanacatle boat marina: 120 pesos
- Flamingos Golf Course: 215 pesos
- Punta Mita Golf Courses: 180 pesos
- Downtown Puerto Vallarta: 420 pesos
100 Royal Suites in soft pastel colors
There are 100 Royal Suites contained in a pair of three-story buildings -- without elevators -- on the northern side of the Palladium property. This area is somewhat isolated from the busier environs of the guest rooms of the adjacent Palladium. Although this is a beachfront hotel, only a few of these suites have ocean view balconies, but these do offer fantastic views. Other rooms have balconies with jungle or garden views. The color scheme here involves a range of soft pastels, and while pleasing to the eye, some dated elements -- like old comforters instead of duvets -- stand out. The larger, master suites (there are only four) contain a partially separated living room area with a second TV, dining table, and chairs.
Private beach, plenty of lounge chairs, and a fun zoo
The remote location of the Royal Suites means that the resort itself is packed with great features. Beyond the fabulous manicured jungle grounds and private stretch of beach on the northern shore of Bahia Banderas, there is plenty more to see and do. The resort offers a spa, outdoor pools, and walled-in seawater pool. There is also a theater with nightly shows, a zoo featuring monkeys and crocodiles, and outdoor activities like archery and tennis.
- Private beach with grass palapas for shade
- Spa with Turkish baths
- Three pools: the freshwater main pool with a kiddy area, an adults-only infinity pool, and a saltwater pool.
- Suites gets get exclusive access to one of the restaurants, the Royal Pool, and a beach area with cabanas
- Non-motorized water sports include windsurfing, snorkeling, and scuba diving lessons in the pool.
- Botanical gardens
- Zoo, as well as crocodile habitat with weekly feeding
- Sunset Boulevard Disco
- Poolside Wi-Fi
- Theater with nightly shows
- Meeting rooms
Options reserved for Royal Suites guests, plus variety at the Palladium
The Royal Suites has a poolside bar and an open-air, ocean-view a la carte restaurant that serves three meals per day. These facilities are reserved for guests of the adults-only Royal Suites. The other restaurants and eight bars on-site are shared with guests of the Palladium all-inclusive, and are a mix of buffet and a la carte options. Given the property's isolated location, this variety of dining options is essential.
- 24-hour room service for Royal Suites guests only
- Punta Mita Restaurant reserved for Royal Suites guests
- Poolside bar for use of Royal Suites guests only
- Portofino offers Italian food.
- La Terrazza offers all day snacks and lunch.
- El Bosque is a spacious three-meal buffet restaurant.
- Viva Mexico offers a la carte Mexican food.
Customers Who Viewed The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Whether you're dying to see some playful monkeys or go horseback riding, you can pick a hotel that offers that…
We suggest heating things up this winter with a visit to a sexy, sandy, and secluded (say that five times…