Estancia La Jolla Hotel & SpaLa Jolla, San Diego, California
- Beautiful grounds and Spanish-Colonial-style architecture
- Spacious and contemporary rooms
- On-site restaurants include Mustangs & Burros for outdoor dining
- Outdoor saltwater pool and adults-only Jacuzzi
- 10-minute drive to Torrey Pines State Beach
- Day spa with eucalyptus steam room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Les Clefs D’Or concierge
- Meeting spaces and conference facilities
- Daily resort fee and mandatory valet parking is an extra charge
- The resort is a popular spot for weddings so it gets crowded
- No minibars in rooms
- Shower/tub combos in rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 26 Amenities
- 59 Deluxe King Room
- 62 Estate Double Queen Room
- 57 Estate King Room
- 60 Pool
- 69 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
Beautiful grounds and Spanish-Colonial-style architecture
If Estancia La Jolla has an outstanding feature, it's the grounds: Beautifully tended lawns, lemon trees, native plants, fountains and flowers surround Spanish-Colonial-style buildings. In the mid-20th century, the land was part of an estate where young thoroughbreds were trained, and the hotel strove to preserve that history with rancho-inspired decor through subtle equestrian details, such as doors that resemble barn doors. The lobby embraces the rancho theme with a barn-style vaulted wood ceiling, fireplace with a wood beam mantel, terracotta tile floors and ironwork details. Outdoor fireplaces and terraces are cozy spots to relax and enjoy the gardens.
In affluent La Jolla -- 10 minutes from the beach
La Jolla is an affluent seaside community north of San Diego, home to restaurants, shops, mansions, a famous golf course, coastal bluffs, and a beautiful beach. Estancia La Jolla is right next to the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the UC San Diego campus, and is a short drive from the downtown area and the beach. Expect a 20-minute drive to the San Diego Zoo or famous Gaslamp Quarter.
Large rooms with rancho-inspired decor and courtyard views
After the beautiful grounds and public spaces, the rooms -- though perfectly comfortable -- are a little bit of a letdown. The decor and color scheme is muted with pops of orange on the bed and throw pillows, and they're certainly upscale, but just a little sparse. Each comes standard with a mini-refrigerator (but no minibar), flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, and free Wi-Fi. Beds are luxurious, with 350-thread-count Italian linens. Though bathrooms are nicely sized they include shower and bathtub combinations. The ground-floor rooms, with large windows overlooking the public areas, are less private, so make sure to book a room on the higher floors.
A nice but pricey day spa and a heated outdoor pool -- plus three restaurants
Guests at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa can enjoy great outdoor such as a heated saltwater swimming pool with an adults-only whirlpool. Poolside cabanas are available for rent with fun perks like fresh fruit and snacks. The fitness center and day spa get rave reviews as do the three on-site restaurants, including the casual Southwestern food at Mustangs & Burros and a wine bar. There's a daily resort fee and valet parking is required.
- El Adobe serves Southern California cuisine, including locally grown produce and seafood, and features cozy, romantic ambiance. Open for breakfast (has buffet) and lunch
- Mustang & Burros: Rancho-style restaurant with an outdoor fireplace. Serves local beers, cocktails, appetizers and a dinner menu.
- Bodega Wine Bar: Serves tapas Tuesday through Saturday for dinner
- Poolside grill
- Poolside bar
- Private dining and event catering are also available.
Customers Who Viewed Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Food and Drink
If you suffer (we use the term lightly) from an intense devotion to wine, you will feel right at home…
As summer comes to a close and Labor Day fast approaches, it can only mean one thing -- school is…
Things You Should Know About Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
Address9700 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, San Diego 92037, United States
- Deluxe Room
- Estate Room
- Veranda Room