Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Palomar San Diego Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
A zen-like atmosphere and a hot nightlife scene
Hotel Palomar aims to be a zen oasis in the midst of lively Downtown San Diego. The lovely Asian-inspired decor features lots of wood, earth tones, clean lines, soft lighting and orchid accents -- all secluded behind an enormous metal front door. Even the sexy rooftop pool and lounge is (relatively) low-key: There's no cover, there are usually no lines, the staff is friendly, and customers can actually hear their conversations above the bumping music from the live DJ. The hotel's overall vibe is very grown-up -- this isn't a place to bring the kids.
Just outside of San Diego's lively Gaslamp Quarter
Hotel Palomar is half a block north of San Diego's lively Gaslamp Quarter, right next door to the House of Blues, which hosts some of the city's best concerts. It's also within easy walking distance of the San Diego Symphony Orchestra and Balboa Theatre.
The historical Gaslamp Quarter, located between 4th and 6th Avenues, and between Broadway to the north and Harbor Drive to the south, is home to some of the Downtown San Diego's best restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. It's also where some of the city's most popular outdoor celebrations -- Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and the Street Scene music festival -- take place.
- 5-minute drive to Balboa Park, where the San Diego Zoo is located
- 5-minute drive to Petco Park, home to the San Diego Padres
- 7-minute drive to the Maritime Museum
- 9-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 10-minute drive The San Diego Convention Center
- 10-minute drive to Old Town
- 11-minute drive to Sea World
- 13-minute drive to Coronado Beach
Big and luxurious, with walnut floors, flat-screen TVs, and Asian-inspired decor
Cityside King Room
All rooms include:
- Flat-screen TVs with about 12 channels
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Bathrooms with walk-in showers, rain showerheads, tile, and Jerusalem bone accents
- iPod hookup
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Brazilian walnut hardwood floors
- Deluxe Guestroom: 380-550 square feet; king or two double beds; partial downtown views
- Skyline View Guestroom: 317-560 square feet; king or two double beds; downtown or pool deck view
- Sykline View Suite: 600-700 square feet; king or two double beds; separate sitting area; skyline or bay view
- Luxe Suite: 1,000 square feet; king or two double beds; separate sitting area; full kitchen; skyline or bay view
- Siren rooftop pool deck and lounge with infinity-edged pool, cabanas and luxury beds
- Concierge available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- 24-hour front desk staff
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness center
- Art gallery featuring a different artist each month, and profits going to charity. The gallery is partnered with Alexander Salazar Fine Art Salon.
- Se Spa open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and Monday
- 24-hour business center with free fax, copy and printing services
- Fee for Wi-Fi, but it's free for Kimpton's loyalty program members (free to enroll)
- Fee for parking (with in-and-out privileges)
- Free car service in a Cadillac Escalade SUV, based on availability
- Free shoe shines
Great nightlife at the restaurant bar and the rooftop pool bar
- Saltbox Dining & Drinking serves creative American fare.
- Rooftop Bar & Lounge: Rooftop poolside bar and lounge serving cocktails and light bites; open noon. to 1 a.m. during the summer; noon to 6 pm during the winter.
The Hotel Palomar (formerly the Se San Diego) is one of San Diego's most luxurious hotels, and also one of its coolest, with a trendy rooftop bar, zen design, and a location just north of the lively Gaslamp Quarter, next to a major concert venue. But the nightlife can be noisy and most rooms have king beds, so leave the kids at home.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Palomar San Diego
- 1047 5th Ave, San Diego, CA, 92101, US
- Balboa Luxury Flat
- City Center Luxury Flat
- Coronado Luxury Flat
- Deluxe Double Double Guestroom
- Deluxe King Guestroom
- Gaslamp Luxury Flat
- Luxury Three Bedroom Penthouse
- Luxury Two Bedroom Penthouse
- San Diego Harbor Luxury Flat
- Skyline View Double Double Guestroom
- Skyline View King Guestroom
- Skyline View King Suite
- Skyline View Queen Guestroom