Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 10 Albums
Customers Who Viewed Paradise Point Resort and Spa Also Viewed
Oyster Hotel Review
Beautiful landscaping, lagoons, a mile-long beach, and lots of families
Paradise Point sits on a private island surrounded by a mile-long beach, and the lovely grounds feature gardens with colorful plants and flowers, tiki torches, bonfire pits (popular for marshmallow roasting), and lagoons (where kids can feed the ducks). The location right next to SeaWorld makes the resort a kid-magnet, and it can get quite noisy and crowded -- especially at the pools and the restaurants.
Rooms were renovated in 2010 and feature fresh decor and up-to-date technology, but bathrooms have shower/tub combos and could have used more of an upgrade. (Tubs and tiles were refinished, but that's it.) Rooms views vary greatly, and some guests get stuck looking at parking spaces rather than the lovely grounds.
The resort was built in the 1960s by a Hollywood movie producer, and several items from movie sets -- such as the porpoise fountain at the main pond, which appeared in the movie Cleopatra -- have been incorporated into the design. The hotel is showing its age a bit on the outside, but the resort does have further plans to renovate -- the front lobby and other areas will received an overhaul in 2012.
On a private island encircled by a narrow stretch of sand, near Sea World
Paradise Point is located on a private 44-acre island in Mission Bay. It's a 5-minute drive to the restaurants and shops in Pacific Beach, and a 15-minute drive to the popular tourist sites in Downtown San Diego.
- 4-minute drive to SeaWorld
- 5-minute drive to Pacific Beach
- 11-minute drive to Mission Bay Golf Course
- 13-minute drive to Balboa Park
- 15-minute drive to San Diego Zoo
- 15-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 16-minute drive to the Gaslamp Quarter
- 20-minute drive to Coronado Island
- 20-minute drive to La Jolla
Balinese-inspired decor, patios and top-notch technology -- but unimpressive bathrooms
The airy rooms received a major overhaul in 2010, and feature Balinese-inspired decor with black tile floors, wood-slatted headboards, patterned turquoise bed throws, dark wood furniture, as well as big 42-inch flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, and patios. But bathrooms with shower/tub combos are unimpressive.
All rooms include:
- Lanai Patio Guestroom: 450 square feet; two queen beds; no view
- Lanai Garden Guestroom: 460 square feet; one king or two queen beds; garden view
- Lanai Bayside Guestroom: 460 square feet; one king bed and a queen sofa bed separate living area with a dining room table; Mission Bay view
- Garden Junior Suite: 560 square feet; one king bed and a queen sofa bed separate living area with a dining room table; wet bar with microwave; garden view
- Bayside Junior Suite: 560 square feet; one king bed and a queen sofa bed separate living area with a dining table; wet bar with microwave; Mission Bay view
- Bungalow: 660 square feet; one king bed and a queen sofa bed separate living area with a dining table; wet bar with microwave
- Executive Suite: 660 square feet; one king bed and a queen sofa-bed; open wet bar with microwave; separate living and entertainment areas; dining table
- Governor Suite: 1,600 square feet; one king bed; one full bathroom and a half bath; jetted tub; separate living area and library; full kitchen with stove top, microwave and refrigerator; connecting room available upon request.
- Presidential Suite Complex: 3,250 square feet, including a one-bedroom suite with a king bed, one full bathroom and a half bath, a separate living and dining area, full kitchen, two fireplaces and a jetted tub; and three additional connecting rooms featuring king beds and mini-fridge.
- Five swimming pools and Jacuzzis open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- SpaTerre: Day spa and salon with eight treatment rooms and a private outdoor terrace with Jacuzzi; open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fitness center featuring cardio equipment, elliptical machines, weights, treadmills, stationary bikes, a steam room and a dry sauna. Open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. $12 per day fee.
- Private marina with water sports and equipment rental service. Classes available daily at 12:30 p.m.
- Five tennis courts; $5 per day to use; lessons available for an additional fee
- Basketball court, croquet course, beach volleyball court and ping-pong tables
- 18-hole putting green; daily fee to use is $10 for adults and $8 for kids
- Bike and quad rental
- Bonfire pits on the beach and around the property
- Children’s Club for kids 4 to 15 (for a fee). Activities, such as arts, crafts, pool games, science experiments, bike rides and movie nights, start at 8:30 a.m., and end at 5p.m. The evening “Parents Night Out” session ends at 9:30 p.m.
- 24-hour business center; $8 per 15 minutes of Internet use
- $25 per day for parking
- $15 per day resort fee that covers use of the fitness center, Internet, and certain recreation activities (including tennis, bocce ball, and basketball).
- Boutique open Sunday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Friday and Saturday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Self-service laundry
A beachfront seafood restaurant, a casual bar and grill, and a seasonal pool bar
- Baleen: Beachfront seafood restaurant.
- Barefoot Bar & Grill: Serves southern California organic cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner; cocktails and bar bites
- Tropics Bar & Grill: Poolside bar serving grilled entrees, salads, snacks and drinks. Open seasonally.
- In-room dining available
This 462-room property near Sea World has sprawling, 44-acre grounds on a private island, activities galore (tennis, a putting green, water sports, basketball), five pools, a mile-long beach, bonfire pits and a spa. Rooms were renovated in 2010 and feature Balinese-inspired decor, patios, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and iPod docks. But bathrooms could have used more of an upgrade, and some rooms have views of the parking lot.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Paradise Point Resort and Spa
- 1404 West Vacation Road, San Diego, CA, 92109, US
- Bayside Bungalow Suite
- Bayside Junior Suite
- Garden Bungalow Suite
- Lanai Bayside Room
- Lanai Garden 2 Queens Room
- Lanai Garden King Room
- Lanai Patio Room