Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 8 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Catch a Padres game down the street or from atop the hotel
The hotel's location in the Gaslamp Quarter is a short walk to both Petco Park (where the San Diego Padres play) and the San Diego Convention Center.
The historical Gaslamp Quarter, located between 4th and 6th Avenues, and between Broadway to the north and Harbor Drive to the south, is a hip, young neighborhood that's home to some of Downtown San Diego's best restaurants, shopping, nightlife, and art galleries. It's also where some of the city's most popular outdoor celebrations -- Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and the Street Scene music festival -- take place.
- 7-minute walk to Petco Park (home of the San Diego Padres)
- 7-minute drive to the San Diego Zoo
- 9-minute walk to the San Diego Convention Center
- 9-minute drive to the Maritime Museum of San Diego
- 10-minute drive to Balboa Park
- 13-minute drive to Coronado Beach
- 13-minute drive to Old Town
- 13-minute drive to the San Diego International Airport
- 15-minute drive to Sea World
Rooms are comfortable and clean, but they feel chain-like
Double Standard Room
The Marriott does make a few feeble attempts at style -- an extra-tall headboard, a boldly patterned chair -- but overall, the room feels bland, with generic carpets, walls, hotel art and furniture.
All rooms come equipped with free bottled water and Starbucks coffee, and concierge-level rooms also get access to a lounge with free continental breakfast, snacks, and beverages.
All rooms include:
- 27-inch flat-screen TV or bigger with cable, premium movie channels and pay-per-view
- Marble bathroom with shower/tub combo, hair dryer and lighted makeup mirror
- CD player
- Free in-room Starbucks coffee and bottled water
- In-room safe
- Alarm clock
- Iron and ironing board
Concierge Level includes:
- Concierge Lounge: Open Monday to Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday 6:30 a.m. to noon, Sunday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Free continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea, hors d’oeuvres, and beverages
- Cocktails for a fee
- Honor bar
- Guest Room: 350 square feet; king or two double beds; water or city view
- Concierge Level Guest Room: 350 square feet; king or two double beds; water or city view
- Junior Suite: 490 square feet; king bed; bay view; sitting area; turndown service; sofa, 32-inch TV plus second TV, Bose radio/CD/stereo; concierge lounge access
- King Suite: 570 square feet; king or two double beds; sitting area; turndown service; 42-inch TV plus second TV, Bose radio/CD/stereo; concierge lounge access
- Concierge Suite: 570 square feet; separate living room, sofa, 42-inch TV plus second TV, Bose radio/CD/stereo; concierge lounge access
Soleil @ K
What the rooms lack in style, the hotel makes up for with a popular sky lounge, Altitude, complete with views of Petco Park, rooftop seating and fire pits. Latitude Lounge serves small plates, drinks, and cigars on street level. Soleil @ K restaurant features California cuisine, outdoor patio dining, a full bar and wine list, and the option to bring your own wine (for a corkage fee).
- Soleil @ K: Lobby level, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. for breakfast; 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. for lunch; 5:30 to 9 p.m. for dinner
- Altitude Sky Lounge: Rooftop bar and lounge with outdoor seating, fire pits, and views of the ball park
- Latitude Lounge: Serves lunch and dinner with a range of small plates, appetizers, flatbreads, and sandwiches; drinks and cigars also served
- $9.95 per day for high-speed Internet access, in-room Wi-Fi, unlimited local calls, and unlimited long distance calls
- Free Wi-Fi in lobby
- Valet parking for $34 per day; off-site parking $25 per day
- Five meeting rooms
- Free shoe shine
- Valet dry-cleaning
- Vending machines
- 24-hour business center with computers, printer, scanner
- Free coffee in lobby
- Concierge desk with concierge available 5:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- 24-hour front desk staff
- 24-hour rooftop fitness room with treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, free weights, and strength machines
- Room service 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
A sleek lobby, a quality restaurant, a popular rooftop lounge with views of Petco Park, and the street-level Latitude Lounge make this 291-room Marriott in the hip Gaslamp Quarter quite a bit more happening than your average chain hotel. But the rooms, while comfortable, feel somewhat bland and generic. The Hard Rock Hotel around the corner offers more stylish rooms at a slightly higher price point.
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
- 660 K Street, San Diego, CA, 92101, US
- City View Guest Room
- Concierge Level City View Guest Room
- Concierge Level Water View Guest Room
- Concierge Suite
- Junior Suite
- King Suite
- Water View Guest Room