Oyster Hotel Photos
View All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Downtown location close to most popular attractions, but on a questionable street
The Sofia Hotel is in the heart of San Diego's downtown district, just a few blocks from the harbor, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Concourse. But there are some questionable characters hanging around because of the nearby Greyhound stations and a courthouse.
- 3-minute walk to the San Diego Concourse
- 4-minute drive to Seaport Village
- 5-minute drive to Petco Park, home to the San Diego Padres
- 7-minute walk to the Gaslamp Quarter
- 8-minute drive to Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo
- 10-minute drive to San Diego International Airport
- 10-minute walk or 2-minute drive to The San Diego Convention Center
- 12-minute drive to Sea World
- 15-minute walk or 5-minute drive to the harbor and USS Midway Museum
Stylish but small, with mini-fridges and microwaves
Queen Studio Suite
All rooms include:
- 20-inch flat-screen TV with 25 channels
- Adjustable bedside lamps
- Marble bathrooms with tile shower, Gilchrist & Soames bath products, and hairdryer
- Empty mini-fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker
- Iron and ironing board
- Safe large enough for a laptop
- Queen Guest Room: G: 210 square feet; queen or two double beds; walk-in shower
- King Guest Room: 240 square feet; king bed; walk-in shower
- VIP Suite: 350 square feet; one or two queen beds; jetted tub; sitting area; queen-size sofa bed
An $8 daily fee covers use of the business center, fitness center, yoga studio, and Wi-Fi
The fitness center
- $8 per room per night fee
- Wi-Fi and wired Internet
- Pet friendly, with no size or breed restrictions, and a $25 per day fee
- 24-hour business center with printer and computers available
- 24-hour front desk staff; concierge available 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Free bike rentals
- Spa Sofia has one treatment room and is open daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- 24-hour yoga studio and health center with Pilates classes, yoga classes, and personal trainers (instructors are on call). Fitness equipment and free weights are also available.
- $30 per day valet parking only
American brasserie on site, and plenty of options nearby
Currant American Brasserie: American cuisine with indoor and outdoor seating, serving lunch Monday to Friday, dinner every day, and brunch Saturday to Sunday. Happy hour is daily 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- No minibar or room service, but the hotel offers in-room drinks service from 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Guests can also pick up food from the restaurant when it's open.
The 211-room Sofia Hotel in Downtown San Diego features small, but stylish rooms, with mini-fridges, microwaves, and tiny flat-screen TVs. Use of the fitness center, yoga and pilates studio, Wi-Fi, business center, and even loaner bicycles is included in the $8 daily fee, and the American brasserie gets solid reviews. It's more charming than the often similarly priced Holiday Inn, and the location is more convenient -- but parking will cost you.
Things You Should Know About The Sofia Hotel Downtown
- 150 West Broadway, San Diego, CA, 92101, US
- Deluxe King Bed Room
- Deluxe One Double Bed Room
- Deluxe Queen Bed City Side Room
- Deluxe Queen Bed Room
- Deluxe Queen Studio Suite
- Deluxe Queen Studio VIP Suite w/Jetted Tub
- Deluxe Suite Two Double Beds Adaptable
- Deluxe Two Double Beds City Side Room