Hilton Garden Inn South Padre IslandSouth Padre Island, Texas, United States
- Scenic location right on the beach with easy beach access
- Comfortable rooms with spacious balconies and ocean views
- Free breakfast, free parking, free Wi-Fi
- Huge outdoor swimming pool with lounge chairs
- Modern amenities include flat-screen TVs and a fitness center
- Convenient work desk with ergonomic chair
- Gorgeous, sandy beaches a stroll on the boardwalk away
- Another hotel sits right next door
- Some complaints about thin walls
- Rooms above ballrooms may be subject to loud noise from events
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 7 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Well-located chain hotel right on the beach
The Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island occupies a seaside location on the northern end of the South Padre Island hotel sprawl. A beach park sits next to the hotel, but the southern border of the hotel is occupied by the somewhat older and less impressive Days Inn. The Hilton Garden Inn is set back from the water, and part of the space between the hotel and the beach is taken up by a large swimming pool. A wooden boardwalk leads out to the beach from the pool area. All of these features set the scene for a relaxed island getaway.
On the northern end of the hotel sprawl beside a quiet stretch of beach
The Hilton Garden Inn's location on the northern end of the island makes it feel somewhat quieter than hotels in the middle of the hotel sprawl. It is also close to local restaurants, and one is within walking distance right along the beach. Like everywhere else on South Padre Island, a car is needed to get around. A much older Days Inn sits immediately to the south of the property, with only a narrow alleyway separating the two. Outdoor enthusiasts might appreciate the hotel's convenient location to Sea Turtle, Inc. and the South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center. Hotel guests should be aware that walking to any of the below cited locations within walking distance (beach park excluded) involves walking across and along a busy road without sidewalks.
- 67-minute-drive to Rio Grande Valley International Airport
- 4-minute-walk to Andy Bowie County Park
- 4-minute-walk to South Padre Island Birding & Nature Center
- 4-minute-walk to Sea Turtle, Inc.
- 6-minute-walk to South Padre Island Convention Center
- 11-minute-drive to Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark
- 12-minute-drive to Port Isabel Lighthouse & Museum
- 49-minute-drive to Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
New and nicely decorated rooms with good amenities, some with fabulous sea views
Spacious rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island feature modern touches including flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. Other convenient amenities include mini-fridges and microwaves. All rooms have private balconies -- some face the ocean and others have city views. They feel fresh and clean, and beds are comfortable. An upgrade to spacious junior suites includes an extra TV in the living area.
A large swimming pool and great beach access
Beyond comfortable and appealing rooms, the Hilton Garden Inn also offers several great features. A big swimming pool with hot tub is located between the hotel and the nearby sandy beach. There is also a separate kids pool. A small fitness center offers a range of cardio equipment and there is also an on-site business center. The best feature of all is a charming boardwalk leading to a wide, quiet stretch of beach.
A good lobby restaurant and bar
The Hilton Garden Inn offers a few dining options, including free breakfast at the Great American Grill.
- The Great American Grill serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual atmosphere.
- Seasonal poolside drink service
- Room service available until late
- Several good restaurants nearby
Customers Who Viewed Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Address7010 Padre Blvd, Texas Gulf Coast 78597, United States
- Evolution Room
- Evolution Room with Partial View
- Ocean Front Junior Suite
- Poolside Junior Suite