Windjammer Landing Villa Beach ResortSt. Lucia
- Mediterranean-style villas and rooms built into a hillside offer gorgeous ocean views
- The resort sits on a secluded stretch of beach with calm waters
- Free shuttle to navigate guests up and down the steep roadways
- Large villas with full kitchens and private pools are ideal for families and groups
- Free programs for kids and teens
- Six pools, two for kids
- Five restaurants (including Mediterranean, Caribbean, and barbecue options), plus three bars
- Energetic vibe at the main pool and along the beach
- Shops and groceries available on site
- Free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking
- The steep roads are tough to navigate and slippery after the rain, requiring a shuttle
- The main pool, beach, and bar area can get busy, messy, and noisy during peak hours
- Stray cats, a regular occurrence on St. Lucia, wander and play in the restaurants
- Dining can become expensive for guests not on the all-inclusive plan
- The gym is small, poorly equipped, and dungeon-like
- It's a 90-minute drive to the main airport
- The Wi-Fi can be iffy in some spots on the property
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 11 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
An energetic resort with a long list of activities for kids, families, and couples
The 60-acre Windjammer Landing resort was designed to mimic a Mediterranean village, and from a distance it could pass for a town in the Greek Islands. Terraced into a steep hillside is a collection of stark white buildings ranging from spectacular four-bedroom villas with private pools set high on the hill to clusters of buildings close to the beach holding a variety of suites and rooms.
At the bottom of the hill between the ocean and the open-air lobby are a number of property features that include shops, restaurants and bars, a teen center, and a main pool. Along the 1,500-foot stretch of brown-sand beach, guests guests will find numerous water sports, hair braiding, a walk-up beach bar serving frozen drinks, and plenty of simple blue lounge chairs sheltered by wispy palm trees.
Guests can choose to be as close or as far away from the action as they choose. The estate villas at the top of the hill are ideal for those seeking privacy, and guests there can stock refrigerators for in-home meals and relax in their own private pools overlooking the Caribbean and the beach. The newest addition to the resort, the Hibiscus Suites, are close to the beach and restaurants, still offering fabulous views yet reducing the need to for a shuttle ride down the steep roads to get to the base of the resort.
Along picturesque Labrelotte Beach on the northwestern side of the island, a 10-mintute drive from Rodney Bay, St. Lucia's entertainment hub
Windjammer Landing is located on a terraced green hillside facing Labrelotte Bay, a sheltered stretch of brown-sand beach that sits about five miles north of Castries, St. Lucia's vibrant capital. The resort shares the beach with another (much smaller) resort, East Winds Inn, located to the south. To access Windjammer, guests travel a small uneven road for about two miles before arriving at the resort. Guests itching for nightlife or different dining options must take a 10-minute cab ride to reach the action of nearby Rodney Bay.
- 10-minute drive to St. Lucia Golf and Country Club
- 10-minute drive to Rodney Bay’s restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops
- 10-minute drive to George F. L. Charles Airport
- 10-minute drive to Castries
- 15-minute drive to Pigeon Island
- 80-minute drive to St. Lucia Hewanorra Airport
- 80-minute drive to Soufriere
A variety of rooms, suites, and expansive villas, all with fabulous Caribbean views
Windjammer Landing’s 330 rooms range from 425-square-foot Ocean View rooms with two twins or a queen-size bed to luxurious four-bedroom Estate Villas perched on the hillside with large terraces and private pools. No matter the size, location, or price point, all of the accommodations deliver ocean views along with a style that leans toward either classic Caribbean, with carved four-poster beds, colorful accents, and dark wood furniture, or contemporary Mediterranean, with terra-cotta tiled floors, arched doorways, and whitewashed ceilings and walls.
The newest units, the Hibiscus Suites, have private terraces, full kitchens, jacuzzis, and king-size beds, but the walls are thin -- and it's possible that guests will hear their neighbors. While the rooms and villas at the top of the hill afford the most spectacular views, they also require long, somewhat difficult walks (especially after a rainstorm) down the hill to reach the amenities and the beach. Luckily, there's a shuttle that buzzes around the property 24/7, although it's easier to catch a ride back up the hill than it is to flag down a driver to get to the bottom. Those looking to avoid the hassle of calling for a shuttle should request Hibiscus Suites, the closest to the beach and amenities.
- Flat-screen TVs in most units
- Outlets use American 110 volts
- Full-size or mini-fridges with free bottled water
- Spacious bathrooms with Gilchrist Soames toiletries
- DVD players
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ocean View rooms are the smallest (425 square feet) and do not have outdoor space.
- Hibiscus Suites range from one- to two-bedroom units with full kitchens, living rooms, laundry rooms, and balconies with jacuzzis.
- Villa Suites (except one-bedroom villas) also have private plunge pools.
- Estate Villas are freestanding three- and four-bedroom homes with full-size pools, expansive living spaces, and large kitchens.
An amenity-rich resort with an active beachfront, a well-equipped water sports facility, six pools, spa, and kids' club
Windjammer offers a multitude of activities and amenities for families, kids, and couples including six pools and a long stretch of beach. A daily kids' club delivers creative activities for kids aged five to 12 while teens have their own place with games and TVs. Couples can find quiet areas by wandering away from the action of the main pool and beachfront.
- 1,500-foot stretch of beach with a bar, restaurant, giant chess board, and beach volleyball
- Water sports center with daily boat excursions, jet skis, water skiing, kayaks, snorkeling equipment, Hobie cats, stand-up paddleboards, pedal boats, scuba diving classes and excursions, and banana boats
- Free non-motorized water sports
- Daily fitness activities including Aquacise, pool volleyball, water polo, hikes, tone and stretch classes, and beach soccer
- Small fitness center
- Spa with multiple treatment rooms, mani/pedi stations, steam room, facials, and salon
- Shops that sell souvenirs, beach attire, and groceries
- Free parking
- Free shuttle around resort
- Free Wi-Fi
Kids-only pools and activities
Five restaurants ranging from beachfront casual to fine dining; all-inclusive rates are optional, but available
- Dragonfly offers Caribbean fare, and is open for dinner only with buffets on specific nights.
- Papa Don's Taverna serves Mediterranean-style food and pizzas, with stunning Caribbean views; open for dinner only.
- Embers serves up barbecue and grill specialties beachside, and a Sunday brunch buffet.
- Upper Deck has steak and seafood for dinner only; reservations required.
- Jammers serves casual fare and drinks all day.
Customers Who Viewed Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
Things You Should Know About Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
AddressLabrelotte Bay, Saint Lucia, Castries, Caribbean
Also Known As
- Windjammer Landing Villa and Beach Resort & Spa
- Four Bedroom Estate Villas
- Hibiscus Suites
- One Bedroom Ocean-view
- One Bedroom Villas