The Ice House LodgeTown of Telluride, Telluride, Colorado
- Great downtown Telluride location, about 100 yards from the gondola and walking distance to Colorado Ave
- Indoor/outdoor year-round pool
- Big multi-bedroom condos available
- Free continental breakfast with fresh fruit, pastries, coffee and other goodies
- Free Wi-Fi
- La Marmotte restaurant, serving seasonal bistro fare
- Lodge Rooms a little on the small side
- Decor in condo units varies
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 10 Albums
Oyster Hotel Review
Native American decor with pine wood accents
The Ice House is definitely an older building, though the exterior of weathered wood paneling and hunter green accent colors isn't without charm. The interiors are decorated in Native American style, with traditional Navajo rugs hung in the hallways and hotel rooms as art. Pine wood details and a color scheme of reds and greens create a warm (if not stylish) setting, though the patterned carpets are a bit corporate.
The Ice House completed a full renovation in 2008, which updated the guest rooms and common spaces. Rooms are clean and modern with a Native American twist. It's certainly a departure from the traditional lodge style found elsewhere, though there's plenty of of exposed pine and clear lacquered wood, which helps maintain a mountain feel.
Walking distance to downtown Telluride, and just steps to the gondola
The Ice House is a quick walk to downtown Telluride, and just 100 yards from the gondola that services the ski slopes. It's located on San Juan Ave., close to bars, restaurants, liquor stores, and more.
Telluride was once one of Colorado’s best kept secrets -- not only for its beautiful location, but for its world-class skiing as well. Located in a box canyon, Telluride is enclosed by tall cliffs on three sides, with iconic Bridal Veil Falls (visible from Colorado Avenue) at the far end of the canyon. The town of Telluride connects with Mountain Village (the true base of the ski runs) by a gondola that is free in the summer and costs a fee in the winter.
Resting in the San Juan mountain range in the southwest corner of the state, Telluride can be hard to get to. It's located over 300 miles from any major metropolis, and it would take many hours to drive from Denver International Airport or Salt Lake City. Luckily, Telluride has a regional airport, and travelers can also fly into relatively nearby to Montrose and take the hour-and-a-half shuttle ride to town.
- 6-hour drive from Denver International Airport
- 15-minute drive from Telluride Regional Airport
- 1-hour, 30-minute drive from Montrose Regional Airport
- 100 yards from the gondola to the ski lifts
- 3-minute walk to Colorado Avenue and downtown Telluride
- 14-minute drive to Telluride Brewing Company
Modern hotel rooms with understated Native American influences, and condo rentals with varying decor
The guest rooms at the Ice House underwent a renovation in 2008, and have subtle Native American style. All have balconies, and decor includes pine ceilings, sturdy wood furniture, and Navajo rugs hung as art -- though the overall look is a bit sparse in some units. The bathrooms in particular got a major upgrade, and feature marble tiles, attractive shower/tub combos, and vessel sinks. The Lodge Rooms and Suites are smaller than the condo rentals, and have more affordable rates.
Condos, unlike the hotel rooms, are individually owned, and decor choices and renovations are up to the owners. Some of the one-, two-, and three-bedroom rentals have been updated with marble bathrooms, fresher bed linens and granite kitchens, but not all of them have had the same amount of care over the years.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Balconies or decks off all units, hotel rooms included
- Condos are individually owned and decorated, and some could use a renovation
Great freebies and an indoor/outdoor pool with Jacuzzi and steam room
The Ice House has a lovely indoor/outdoor year-round pool, with a great view of the river (although in the summer the river can be a little scummy). A Jacuzzi and a steam room are also on offer.
- Indoor/outdoor year-round pool with a view of the creek
- Jacuzzi and steam room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Concierge service will book ski/snowboard gear for guests at the sister property, The Camel’s Garden.
Lounge for apres-ski drinks and a French bistro
While the lounge at the Ice House isn’t large or fancy, it offers a cozy bar with a great apres-ski scene in the winter. ‘’’La Marmotte’’’ is a French-American influenced bistro that's been a Telluride institution for over 20 years, featuring seasonal fare, an extensive wine list, and a sunny patio. (It's attached to the hotel, but unaffiliated.)
- Free continental breakfast with coffee, yogurt, pastries and other goodies
Customers Who Viewed The Ice House Lodge Also Viewed
Things You Should Know About The Ice House Lodge
Address310 S. Fir, Telluride, CO 81435
- 1 Bedroom Condominium
- 2 Bedroom Condominium
- 3 Bedroom Condominium
- Deluxe Suite
- Lodge Room