Le Grand Courlan Spa ResortTobago, Trinidad and Tobago
- Across the street from a pretty beach, where the hotel has a bar
- Gorgeous ocean views from the restaurants, pool, and rooms
- On-site spa features several tranquil treatment rooms
- Spacious fitness center
- Several dining plan options available
- Rooms have tube TVs
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms is spotty (signal is strong in the lobby)
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
On the Caribbean side of Tobago
Le Grand Courlan sits on the Caribbean side of the island, overlooking Stonehaven Bay.
Just off the coast of Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago is a small Caribbean country at the end of the chain of islands. While Trinidad is the larger, more industrialized island (and also home to a significant amount of crime), Tobago is the smaller "resort" island. Though tourism isn't a major industry for the country, plenty of visitors head to Tobago for its bird-watching, diving, and relatively unspoiled nature.
About once a week, flights go directly from major airports such as JFK in New York City and Miami International to Tobago. Generally, however, visitors must fly into Trinidad and then take either a 20-minute plane ride, or a 2-hour ferry, to Tobago.
- 15-minute drive to the ANR Tobago airport
- 10-minute drive to Mt. Irvine Beach, great for surfing
- 10-minute drive to Turtle Beach, where turtles nest February through August
- 20-minute drive to Scarborough, Tobago's capital city
- 25-minute drive to Store Bay Beach
- 30-minute drive to Pigeon Point beach
- 1-hour drive to Gilpin Trace Forest Reserve
Spacious fitness center
The fitness center has numerous cardio and weight-training machines, and an open area for stretching, boxing, and aerobics.