The Lodge at Vail -- A RockResortVail Village, Vail, Colorado
- Valet-only parking, for a fee
- Daily resort fee
- No air conditioning in many rooms
Oyster Hotel Photos
- 38 Amenities
- 50 Deluxe King Room
- 49 Luxury King Room
- 70 Luxury One-Bedroom Suite
- 22 Main Pool
- 8 Restaurants and Bars
Oyster Hotel Review
One of the first hotels in Vail, with rustic alpine decor
The Lodge at Vail is one of the most historic resorts in Vail Valley, with an alpine-lodge-style exterior and rustic flair inside. The decor is not entirely cohesive, with murals and stucco arches in the lobby, an intimate, wood- and stone-accented sitting area just off the front desk, and bold blue-and-cream printed carpet in the hallways.
The Lodge is trying to regain its luxury status, and successfully upgraded the spa and fitness center, which are both among the property's most impressive amenities. The hallways and common areas, however, need a little more TLC.
A stone’s throw from the lifts, in the heart of Vail Village
Right in the heart of Vail Village, The Lodge sits on the town's main drag, Gore Creek Drive (a charming cobblestone street lined with shops and restaurants). Some of the balconies face the Village.
Perhaps the biggest perk of staying at the Lodge is it’s proximity to the slopes. The Lodge is the closest hotel to a ski lift.
- 2-hour-15-minute drive from the closest airport, Denver International Airport
- In downtown Vail Village
- 2-minute walk to the Vista Bahn lift up Vail Mountain
- 5-minute walk to the Colorado Ski Museum
- 1-hour drive to the hot springs at Glenwood Springs
The rooms have comfy beds and the color palate is exactly what you would expect from a lodge -- neutrals and warm tones with rich, textured fabrics. But some rooms are showing their age, with old carpets and dated furniture. The decor is considerably fresher and more stylish in "luxury wing" rooms.
Many rooms have large balconies that face either the pool and outdoor terrace, or the ski slopes. Studio Rooms, as well as all of the one-, two-, and three-bedroom suite categories, have stone fireplaces.
The marble bathrooms have shower/tub combos or deep soaking tubs with separate walk-in showers. Some are shaped oddly, with little nooks for towel racks, and hidden-away toilets. All of the suites have modern, spacious bathrooms.
- Wall mounted flat-screen TVs
- iPod docks
- Marble bathrooms, some with deep soaking tubs and separate walk-in showers
- Only rooms in the "luxury wing" have air conditioning
- Stone fireplaces in Studio Rooms, as well as all of the one-, two-, and three-bedroom suite categories
- Balconies off many Deluxe Rooms, the One-Bedroom Condominium Suite, and all of the two- and three-bedroom suites
Another great perk of The Lodge is the modern spa and fitness complex, with a yoga/Pilates studio and private classes (for a fee). The spa offers 11 treatment rooms -- including a couples room with fireplace and soaking tub -- steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools, and relaxation lounges. The fitness center has an impressive array of machines and free weights, and even rustic-luxe style (wood beams and ceilings).
- Two outdoor pools and six Jacuzzis, open year-round
- Modern fitness center with yoga/Pilates studio
- Luxury spa with 11 treatment rooms, a separate women's relaxation lounge, and a coed relaxation lounge
- Meeting spaces and conference rooms available for events and weddings
- On-the-mountain ski storage
- Resort fee includes Wi-Fi, bottled water, and in-town transportation, among other things
Farm-to-table cuisine at Cucina Rustica, and Elway's, open for dinner
- Cucina Rustica is a Vail staple with farm-to-table American cuisine. The Sunday brunch buffet is a highlight, but the restaurant is also open for lunch and dinner.
- The hotel's second restaurant, Elway's, serves up steaks and seafood for dinner.
Customers Who Viewed The Lodge at Vail -- A RockResort Also Viewed
This Hotel Also Featured In
This post originally appeared on Yahoo! Travel. As much as we would all love to pack our bags and fly…
Things You Should Know About The Lodge at Vail -- A RockResort
Address174 E Gore Creek Dr, Vail, Colorado 81657, United States
- Deluxe Hotel Room
- Five Bedroom Chalet
- Lodge Hotel Room
- Luxury Hotel Room
- One Bedroom Condominium
- Studio Condominium
- Three Bedroom Condominium
- Two Bedroom Condominium