- Far from the tourist sights
- Walk-in showers spill water on bathroom floor
- Some rooms have views of a brick wall
- Bedspreads are lower quality
- No full restaurant on-site
On the Grand Canal in Santa Croce, removed from most tourist sights
The hotel is located right on the Grand Canal, which is the main thoroughfare in Venice. It is right across the canal from the train station, so this part of the waterway can see a lot of traffic and crowds, but the deeper you go into the neighborhood, the quieter it gets. This is not one of the main tourist areas -- the major attractions are on or around Piazza San Marco, located a 25-minute walk from the hotel.
In the summertime, Venice belongs to tourists — 18 million tourists to be exact. Crowds clog the (barely) three square…
Don't Forget to Like Us On Facebook! We Love to Be Liked.