- Free Wi-Fi, self-parking, and shuttle
- Free use of computers and printer in E-Room
- 42-inch flat-screen TVs
- Big rooms with large sofa beds
- Free cold breakfast
- Seasonal, outdoor pool is heated
- No Jacuzzi
- Microwaves not standard; available by request
- No room service
This business-friendly hotel provides almost everything expected from a mid-range chain. The 24-hour cafe, spacious rooms with huge flat-screen TVs, and free shuttle, Wi-Fi, and breakfast all equal good value. However, this property is lacking some amenities -- such as a Jacuzzi, and microwaves in every room -- which are found at the nearby Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport.
- Fitness Center
Oyster Hotel Review
Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
Airport chain hotel with stylish lobby and some homey touches
Nestled among several other hotel chains near the Albuquerque Airport, the Hyatt Place is distinguished by a small portico at the entrance, which opens into a well-designed, welcoming lobby.
The stylish lobby has a contemporary vibe, with wood furniture, backlit stone panels in the walls, and ceramic works of art upon mantles. Homey touches include a bowl of apples that remains filled throughout the day and a cozy, recessed sitting area with a flat-screen TV and leather chairs.
Beside the lobby is the sleek-looking Bakery Cafe and 24-hour Guest Kitchen, where guests can buy snacks, liquor, and hot prepared food, then sit at the wood bar or in an adjoining breakfast room.
A seasonal, heated pool is located outside with a busy I-25 overpass within view. The pool area is well-maintained, but lacks a Jacuzzi.
Close to the Albuquerque Airport and just off I-25
Located right off I-25, the Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport is less than two miles from the airport. There is a free shuttle to the airport (and anywhere else within a five-mile radius). Don’t expect to find much to do nearby - this area is mainly an “airport hotel row” - but the shuttle’s long range includes Old Town, the downtown area, and many other attractions.
Sitting along the Rio Grande at an elevation of 5,312-ft, Albuquerque occupies a high desert environment. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, Albuquerque is home to more than 530,000 people of over 70 different ethnicities, including Native Americans, Latinos, and Anglos, making it the largest city in New Mexico. Albuquerque retains connections to the past and its culture in the architecture, artwork, and cuisine to be found throughout the city.
Albuquerque is known as a center of high-tech industry and research. The Sandia National Laboratory, General Electric, and Kirtland Air Force Base all call the city home. It’s also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that might be the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides to visitors year-round.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen. The Sandia Mountains just to the east provide a high-altitude respite from the summer heat and many miles of forested trails, and a winter playground featuring Sandia Peak Ski Area. Any visit to Albuquerque is incomplete without a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, the longest tram in the world, ascending 2.7 miles from the outskirts of the city to the Sandia Mountains at 10,378 feet.
Whatever you do in the outdoors here, be sure to stay well-hydrated - mild temperatures can be deceiving and the high elevation can take its toll on the fittest adventurers.
- 5-minute drive from Albuquerque International Airport
- 5-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 10-minute drive to the Albuquerque Convention Center
- 10-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 10-minute drive to Albuquerque Uptown (shopping area)
- 15-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 15-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 25-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park
- 25-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument
- 30-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway
- 90-minute drive to Santa Fe
Spacious, with large flat-screen TVs and big sofa beds
Rooms at the Hyatt Place are spacious (starting at 540 square feet) compared to many other mid-range chains. In addition to comfy Hyatt Grand Beds, they feature large L-shaped sofa beds in the living area.
Desks are a decent size and have extra outlets nearby. The 42-inch flat-screen TVs are some of the biggest in any hotel room around, and the well-labeled inputs mounted in the wall make it easy to plug in a computer and iPod, or play video games.
The overall decor is pleasant, with a few framed color paintings on the wall and warm shades of gold and brown throughout. The leather chairs and wood cubby holes add a contemporary touch, as do the modern bathrooms with dark granite counters.
- Rooms are available as Kings and Doubles (540 to 600 square feet) with partitioned sleeping and living areas.
- No microwaves are available, perhaps to encourage buying food on-site
- In-room safes are big enough for some laptops
Heated pool, but no Jacuzzi
- Free self-parking, Wi-Fi, cold breakfast
- Free shuttle within a five-mile radius
- Outdoor pool deck has heated pool, lounge chairs, and patio tables
- Small fitness center with two treadmills
- View Full List of Amenities
All-Inclusive / Food
Free breakfast and the Bakery Cafe with adjacent Guest Kitchen
The hotel provides free cold breakfast daily. The lack of hot food makes it tempting for some guests to order from the Bakery Café and adjacent Guest Kitchen, which serve a variety of items including pizza, omelets, sandwiches, and salads. Liquor is also available at the Bakery Café. Room service is not available.
- Free cold breakfast
- Bakery Café features Starbucks coffee, wine, beer, muffins, and cookies.
- 24-hour Guest Kitchen is adjacent to the cafe and offers hot meals and salads for purchase
- Children's menu available
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.