- Located 1 mile from the Albuquerque airport
- Free self-parking and shuttle service within a 3-mile radius
- Heated pool with Jacuzzi and a barbecue grilling area
- Decent fitness center for a basic needs workout
- Free breakfast with both hot and cold items
- Rooms have kitchenettes, flat-screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi
- A small market, putting green, and media room are added perks
- Generic decor
- Public area cleanliness is not always up to par
- Breakfast service can be spotty
The business-friendly Staybridge Suites Albuquerque Airport provides everything expected from a mid-range chain hotel. The free Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, meeting spaces, guest laundry, free breakfast, and kitchenettes make extended stays convenient. However, guest complaints have surfaced about attention to detail and inconsistent breakfast service. Extra perks, though, include a market for snacks, a small media room, a putting green, barbecue grills, a Jacuzzi, and a nice fitness center. Overall, though, the nearby Holiday Inn Express Suites is a better value at the same price point.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
Oyster Hotel Review
Staybridge Suites Albuquerque – Airport
Heated pool, movie theater, and putting green
There’s nothing exceptional about the Staybridge Suites -- the decor is nondescript yet contemporary, the amenities compare favorably to neighboring chain hotels, and the rooms are spacious with kitchenettes for those looking to stay in.
The lobby is cleanly laid out and leads to a sitting area and breakfast room. A large flat-screen TV and gas fireplace add life to the otherwise generic space. Adjoining the sitting area is a home theater with an enormous TV and cushy lounge chair seating, perfect for watching a movie or delivering a presentation.
In the small courtyard in the back, there’s a small putting green with artificial turf and a barbecue grill and table. Together with the heated pool, these features add interest to the property but cleanliness in the barbecue area combined with the faded putting green gives the area a forgotten, worn feel.
Several guests have complained about the attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness and restocking missing items in the breakfast area during meal time. Compared to the much larger dining area at the nearby Holiday Inn Express Suites, the Staybridge’s is tiny.
One mile from the Airport
Located just off I-25 and near I-40, the Staybridge Suites Albuquerque Airport is only one mile from the airport. There is a free shuttle to the airport (and anywhere else within a three-mile radius). Don’t expect to find much to do nearby -- this area is mainly a “hotel row” -- but the shuttle’s range extends to Old Town and downtown Albuquerque.
Sitting along the Rio Grande at an elevation of 5,312 feet, Albuquerque occupies a high-desert environment. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, Albuquerque is home to more than 530,000 people of more than 70 different ethnicities, including Native Americans, Latinos, and Anglos, making it the largest city in New Mexico. Albuquerque retains connections to the past and its culture in the architecture, artwork, and cuisine found throughout the city.
Albuquerque is also known as a center of high-tech industry and research. The Sandia National Laboratories, General Electric, and Kirtland Air Force Base all call the city home. It's also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that might be the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides to visitors year round.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen. The Sandia Mountains. just to the east. provide a high-altitude respite from the summer heat and many miles of forested trails, and a winter playground featuring Sandia Peak Ski Area. Any visit to Albuquerque is incomplete without a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, the longest tram in the world, ascending 2.7 miles from the outskirts of the city to the Sandia Mountains at 10,378 feet.
Whatever you do in the outdoors here, be sure to stay well-hydrated -- mild temperatures can be deceiving, and the high elevation can take its toll on the fittest adventurers.
- 5-minute drive to Albuquerque International Airport
- 5-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 10-minute drive to the Albuquerque Convention Center
- 10-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 10-minute drive to Albuquerque Uptown (shopping area)
- 15-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 15-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 20-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park
- 20-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument
- 25-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway
- 1.5-hour drive to Santa Fe
Clean and spacious with kitchenettes
Designed for extended stays, the rooms at Staybridge offer kitchenettes for those wishing to cook their own meals. Desks are big enough to allow for working in-room, and the extra outlets are handy. Decor is restricted to generic wall art, but the brown-and-tan color scheme is pleasant. Bathrooms are clean and feature granite counters.
- All rooms are suites with separate sleeping and living areas
- Flat-screen TVs in living and bed rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- AM/FM alarm clock radios
- Kitchenettes with refrigerator, cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, and coffeemaker
- Bathrooms have standard shower/tub combos
More on-site features than at neighboring hotels
- Free self-parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free breakfast
- Free shuttle within a three-mile radius
- Outdoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Barbecue grilling area
- Putting green
- Movie theater
- 24-hour fitness center
- Guest self-service laundry facilities
- View Full List of Amenities
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.