- Heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi
- 24-hour Fitness center has decent cardio and weight machines
- Free Wi-Fi and self-parking
- Big rooms come with kitchenettes
- Free hot breakfast buffet and evening appetizers
- Free shuttle within a 3-mile radius
- BBQ grilling area and a market for snacks
- Self-service laundry facilities
- Generic, no-frills decor
- Old tube TVs (new flat-screen TVs will are in the process of being installed)
The business- and family-friendly Staybridge Suites Albuquerque North nicely fits into the expectations of a mid-range chain hotel, with a few extra perks. The free Wi-Fi, spacious and clean rooms, guest laundry, free breakfast, and large kitchenettes are all nice amenities -- especially for extended stays. The fitness center is open 24 hours, and there's a nice picnic and BBQ grilling area out back. The market is handy for grabbing snacks, and the free evening appetizers (three days a week) is a nice addition. However, the nearby Holiday Inn Express Suites offers nearly the same amenities and nicer rooms at a lower price point.
- Fitness Center
- Pets Allowed
Oyster Hotel Review
Staybridge Suites Albuquerque North
Heated pool, free breakfast, courtyard with BBQ grill
There’s nothing either extraordinary or bad about the Staybridge Suites -- the decor is nondescript, the amenities compare favorably to other chain hotels, and the rooms are spacious and clean with kitchenettes for those looking to cook their own meals. Just off the small lobby sits the breakfast room and a comfortable sitting area, where a gas fireplace is a cozy place to relax. In the small courtyard out back, there’s a putting green with artificial turf, several benches, and a BBQ grill with a picnic table. A heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi make it easy to swim any time of year, but on a summer afternoon it can get uncomfortably hot in the room.
Centrally located near I-25
Located just off I-25 and Alameda Boulevard, the Staybridge Suites Albuquerque North is on the northern end of the city. There is a free shuttle to anywhere within a 3-mile radius. Don’t expect to find much to do nearby -- the neighbors include auto repair shops and a school -- but with a short drive, guests can visit northern Albuquerque’s attractions such as the Sandia Tram and Petroglyph National Monument.
Sitting along the Rio Grande at an elevation of 5,312 feet, Albuquerque occupies a high-desert environment. The city was founded in 1706 by the Spanish as a colonial outpost in the New World. Today, Albuquerque is home to more than 530,000 people of more than 70 different ethnicities, including Native Americans, Latinos, and Anglos, making it the largest city in New Mexico. Albuquerque retains connections to the past and its culture in the architecture, artwork, and cuisine found throughout the city.
Albuquerque is also known as a center of high-tech industry and research. The Sandia National Laboratories, General Electric, and Kirtland Air Force Base all call the city home. It's also the ballooning capital of the world. Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta each October, an event that might be the most photographed in the world. Local hot air balloon companies offer rides to visitors year round.
As a four-season city with 300 sunny days a year, Albuquerque has an active community of golfers, hikers, skiers, horseback riders, mountain bikers, and fishermen. The Sandia Mountains. just to the east. provide a high-altitude respite from the summer heat and many miles of forested trails, and a winter playground featuring Sandia Peak Ski Area. Any visit to Albuquerque is incomplete without a ride on the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, the longest tram in the world, ascending 2.7 miles from the outskirts of the city to the Sandia Mountains at 10,378 feet.
Whatever you do in the outdoors here, be sure to stay well-hydrated -- mild temperatures can be deceiving, and the high elevation can take its toll on the fittest adventurers.
- 15-minute drive to Albuquerque International Airport
- 15-minute drive to the University of New Mexico Championship Golf Course
- 15-minute drive to downtown Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive to historic Old Town Albuquerque
- 15-minute drive to Albuquerque Uptown (shopping area)
- 15-minute drive to BioPark (including the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Tingley Beach)
- 15-minute drive to National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 15-minute drive to Balloon Fiesta Park
- 15-minute drive to Petroglyph National Monument
- 15-minute drive to Sandia Peak Tramway
- 1.5-hour drive to Santa Fe
Clean and spacious with kitchenettes
Designed for extended stays, the rooms at Staybridge offer large kitchenettes for those wishing to cook their own meals. Desks are big enough for working in the room, and the extra outlets are handy.
Decor is restricted to generic wall art, but the brown-and-tan color scheme is pleasant enough for this price point. Bathrooms are clean and feature granite counters. The room walls were built with triple sheetrock to make for excellent soundproofing and fireproofing -- to add a little peace of mind to your stay.
- Rooms are suites, with separate living and sleeping areas
- Large kitchenettes with refrigerators, cooktops, dishwashers, microwaves, and coffeemakers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Certain east-facing rooms have great views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains
- There are no in-room safes but the front desk has a safe-deposit box
- Standard shower/tub combos
- Tube TVs, but new flat-screen TVs are in the process of being installed tag:revisit 5/1/2013
An indoor pool and Jacuzzi, plus an outdoor barbecue grilling area
- Small heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi
- Barbecue grilling area
- Self-service laundry facilities
- Free daily hot breakfast, and free evening appetizers (a few days a week)
- Market for snacks
- Putting green
- Business center with free Internet access
- Free self-parking
- Free shuttle within three-mile radius
- View Full List of Amenities
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.