- Ideal location near the airport, three tram stations, and museums
- Eclectic lobby features a cozy, 360-degree open fireplace
- Modest but modern bathrooms have a pretty stone/tile effect
- The bar serves free coffee and tea during open hours
- Business center features two large Apple iMacs and private meeting space -- an uncommon service in Amsterdam hotels
- Bike rentals available
- Free daily continental breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Street facing rooms will experience noise from traffic
- Rooms are quiet small and have no storage space
This mid-range hotel is located on the outer edge of the popular Canal Ring neighborhood, just north of De Pijp. The 48 rooms are housed in four 19th-century buildings on a busy street; the charming buildings have lots of historic character, while the interior has a more eclectic and contemporary atmosphere. The lobby/lounge area has funky sculptural pieces (see the bronze bulldog and deer vases), books, magazines, and a cool 360-degree open fireplace. The front desk, as well as the business center, both feature two Apple iMac computers, and business travelers might appreciate the private meeting room. The rooms are modern with comfy bedding, flat-screen TVs, and cozy leather arm chairs, but they're quite small and lack sufficient storage space. Each has a calming monochromatic color palette, but the bare floors can make the space feel cold. Clean bathrooms are on the small side, but they have rainfall shower heads and pretty stone tiles. Some finishes throughout the hotel, such as jet-black walls, have scratches and nicks and could do with repainting.
Oyster Hotel Review
Hotel V Frederiksplein
Extremely walkable location near tons of restaurants and several tram stations
Hotel V is located on the outer edge of the Canal Ring neighborhood, just north of De Pijp. The Canal Ring, with its shops, historic buildings, and boat-lined canals, is one of the most picturesque and popular places for visitors to stay, and De Pijp is home to several popular tourist attractions including the Albert Cuyp Market and the Heineken Experience (at the former Heineken brewery).
Marked by cobblestone roads, street-level canals and an abundance of coffee shops (which are most often known for something other than coffee), Amsterdam is both a quiet and lively city without the pretention of European metropolises.
In the summer, visitors can enjoy live music at the Openluchttheater, an open-air venue at the Vondelpark, or the Roots Music Festival. The Gay Pride parade also takes place in the summer, and the city's many museums -- including the Van Gogh Museum or the Anne Frank House, where Frank and her family hid from the Nazis during World War 2 -- are popular year-round. Visitors in April can experience Queen's Day, which celebrates the queen's birthday and includes a massive flea market, parties, and outdoor concerts.
Noordermarkt is known for its antiques, and Brouwerij de Prael is a recommended stop for beer enthusiasts. Fun dining spots include the famous sandwich spot Van Dobben, as well as Pancake Bakery, which offers more than 70 types of pancakes and a slew of other breakfast goods.
- 18-minute drive to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- 1-minute walk to Frederiksplein tram station
- 2-minute walk to Stadhouderskade tram station
- 2- to 10-minute walk to dozens of restaurants, cafes, and shops
- 3-minute walk to Oosteinde tram station
- 6-minute walk to Badcuyp Centrum Voor Muziek
- 8-minute walk to the Heineken Experience
- 9-minute walk to Museum Van Loon
- 10-minute walk to Sarphatipark
- 5-minute drive to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- 5-minute drive to Rembrandt House Museum
- 10-minute drive to Nederlands Scheepvaartmuseum
- 11-minute drive to the open-air theater at Vondelpark
- 9-minute tram ride to Paradiso music venue
- 13-minute tram ride to the Van Gogh Museum
- 13-minute tram ride to Dam Square and the National Monument
- 14-minute tram ride to Hortus Botanicus botanical gardens
- 15-minute tram ride to Stedelijk Museum
- 15-minute tram ride to the Royal Palace of Amsterdam
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.