- Central, safe location close to many sites
- Room perks include Nespresso machines, flat-screen TVs (in most), iPod/iPad docks, and pillow menus
- In-room massages are available upon request
- Spacious fitness center has modern equipment and street views
- Business center has 3 computers with free Internet and snacks; open 24 hours
- Bikes are available to rent -- a great way to explore the city
- Suites come with additional amenities such as free Wi-Fi and modern, spacious bathrooms with soaking tubs
- Babysitting available upon request
- 24-hour room service and concierge
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
A central and busy area of Amsterdam -- great for walking or biking to nearby sites
Swissotel Amsterdam boasts a great location, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city center. It is a short walk from Central Station, and most major sights and attractions are within walking distance. The area can be touristy though, so guests in search of more local neighborhoods can rent one of the hotel bikes. In addition, the tram stops practically at the hotel's front door, or it's a quick walk to the train station.
Marked by cobblestone roads, street-level canals and an abundance of coffee shops (which are most often known for something other than coffee), Amsterdam is both a quiet and lively city without the pretention of European metropolises.
In the summer, visitors can enjoy live music at the Openluchttheater, an open-air venue at the Vondelpark, or the Roots Music Festival. The Gay Pride parade also takes place in the summer, and the city's many museums -- including the Van Gogh Museum or the Anne Frank House, where Frank and her family hid from the Nazis during World War 2 -- are popular year-round. Visitors in April can experience Queen's Day, which celebrates the queen's birthday and includes a massive flea market, parties, and outdoor concerts.
Noordermarkt is known for its antiques, and Brouwerij de Prael is a recommended stop for beer enthusiasts. Fun dining spots include the famous sandwich spot Van Dobben, as well as Pancake Bakery, which offers more than 70 types of pancakes and a slew of other breakfast goods.
- 24-minute drive to Schiphol Airport
- 2-minute drive or 7-minute drive to Museum Amstelkring
- 5-minute walk to Oude Kerk (historic Protestant church)
- 5-minute walk to Civic Guards Gallery
- 7-minute drive or 8-minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal
- 7-minute drive or 19-minute walk to Magere Brug (famous draw-bridge)
- 8-minute drive or 10-minute walk to Anne Frank House
- 8-minute drive and 22-minute walk to Scheepvaartmuseum
- 9-minute drive or 12-minute walk Amsterdam Brown Cafe
- 11-minute drive or 26-minute walk to Rijksmuseum
- 12-minute drive or 29-minute walk to the Van Gogh Museum
Rooms and Rates
|Things to Do||
Mini Bar (with liquor)
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
|Address||Damrak 96, Amsterdam, North Holland Province 1012 LP, The Netherlands|
|Phone||3 (120) 522-3000|