President’s Day is a week away, and this year, we’d like to take a moment to tip our hats to one of our favorite presidents: Woodrow Wilson, the rumored creator of the "Presidential Suite." Apparently Wilson was a bit of a finicky traveler (we can relate), and on his trips away from Washington he required his hotel rooms to meet certain specifications: They had to have en-suite bathrooms (not a common treat back in 1913), walk-in closets, and south-facing orientations. Today’s VIP travelers have gotten, if anything, even more demanding, and so long as they're willing to pay the price of a new Toyota each night for a suite that has everything, the top hotels will continue to deliver. Which begs the question – what exactly does one get for that kind of cash? To find out exactly how much bling you get for your buck, we’ve found five of the most drool-worthy presidential suites in the country, the cheapest of which starts at about $4,559 per night.
Jumeirah Essex House
- Price: $4,559 - 10,000/night
- Square feet: 2,500 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Central park views, a 24-hour butler, a security room with video surveillance, a specially curated art collection
- Celebrity sightings at hotel: Angelina Jolie, Sheryl Crowe, Reggie Jackson
See full album of Jumeirah Essex House Presidential Suite photos.
Four Seasons Washington, D.C.
- Price: $8,500/night
- Square feet: 1,924 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Gas fireplace, huge outdoor terrace, treadmill and elliptical machines
- Celebrity sightings at the hotel: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kiefer Sutherland, Vanessa Williams, Rick Fox
See full album of Four Seasons Washington, D.C. Presidential Suite photos.
St. Regis Washington, D.C.
- Price: $12,000/night
- Square feet: 2,510 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Two fireplaces, Sub Zero kitchen appliances, library, butler's pantry, 24-hour butler
- Celebrity sightings at the hotel: Audrey Hepburn, Howard Hughes, Elizabeth Taylor, Cher
See full album of St. Regis Washington, D.C. Presidential Suite photos.
Four Seasons New York
- Price: $18,000/night
- Square feet: 1,500 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Gas fireplace, private elevator access, city and Central Park views
- Celebrity sightings at the hotel: Jennifer Aniston, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez
See full album of Four Seasons New York Presidential Suite photos.
The St. Regis New York
- Price: $19,000/night
- Square feet: 2,970 - 3,400 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Fully-equipped kitchen, library, wood-burning fireplace, 24-hour butler
- Celebrity sightings at the hotel: Marilyn Monroe, Salvador Dali, Humphrey Bogart, Demi Moore, Sean Penn, Scarlett Johansson, Courtney Cox
See full album of St. Regis Presidential Suite photos.
Update: The Four Seasons, Washington D.C. suite labeled as the Presidential Suite West Wing is actually the Royal Suite, and costs $15,000 a night.