Deluxe Room at the Shutters On The Beach; Santa Monica, CA
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The beach bags designed by Kate Spade for the Shutters On The Beach costs the same as spending a night in a Deluxe Room in the hotel.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The building that now houses the W New York Times Square used to be a popular nightclub in the 90s, especially for its Sunday drag parties.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has decided to stop offering valet parking after receiving hundreds of complaints about long waits.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Palais Namaskar in Morocco has a private jet that can be rented to fly from any airport in the world directly to Marrakech, where the hotel is located.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? All Hyatt hotels in North America will introduce a healthy kids’ menu designed by children ages 5 to 12.
Check out the answers now!
1. FAKEOUT! One of the limited-edition beach bags by Kate Spade will set you back $198, which is 40% of what the nightly rate for a Deluxe Room at the hotel is ($510).
2. FACT! The building was home to Club USA, popular with gay men. The club closed in 1994 and became the W in 2001.
3. FAKEOUT! The hotel has replaced human valets with machines in the lobby, and added more employees to do the parking and retrieval of cars to minimize waiting times.
4. FACT! The Dassault Falcon 900LX seats up to 14 passengers and can also shuttle guests from Casablanca to Marrakech in 30 minutes.
5. FACT! The new kids’ menu is low-fat, low-calorie, and low-sodium, and junk food has been replaced with fruits, vegetables, free refills of low-fat milk, and sustainable fish.