Who doesn't love family bonding? While perhaps it's best in small doses, it's always great to get away with the fam. But depending on the age of your tots in tow, it can take a downright rocket scientist (or an Oyster.com staffer) to find just the right spot for your family vacation. So pack up the mini-van and head to these hotels with the coolest family-friendly amenities around!
Family-Friendly Feature: A Water Park
- Where to Find It: Nickelodeon Suites Resort — Orlando, FL
- Love it Because: Guests at the Nickelodeon Suites Resort have free access to two fabulous on-site water parks. The Oasis waterpark (at right) has an Olympic-size pool, waterslides, and a kids’ play area. The Lagoon Waterpark has a zero-depth entry pool, a four-story water tower, plenty of waterslides, two Jacuzzis, and a 400-gallon “dunk tank.”
- Other Hotels to Try: Atlantis Paradise Island Resort — Bahamas; Beaches Negril Resort & Spa — Jamaica; Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Family-Friendly Feature: Free Baby Products
- Where to Find Them: Trump International Hotel & Tower Las Vegas
- Love it Because: Dying to go to Vegas, but don’t think it’s a great spot for the kids? Think again! At the Trump Hotel & Tower, parents of infants can request cribs, bottle warmers and sterilizers, blankets, bibs, diapers, and baby toiletries from housekeeping — au gratis, of course. Older kids can get a pair of Trump Kids terry cloth slippers and a map of Vegas marked with kid-friendly spots.
- Other Hotels to Try: Hotel Gansevoort — New York City; One Ocean Resort Hotel & Spa — Jacksonville, FL
Family-Friendly Feature: A Kiddy Spa
- Where to Find It: Stowe Mountain Lodge — Vermont
- Love it Because: While parents find some R&R at the spa at Stowe Mountain Lodge, kids can now, too, with kid-friendly treatments like a Mini-Me massage (though an adult must be present) or a Tasty Toes pedicure, which includes a sumptuous ice cream foot bath. Delicious!
- Other Hotels to Try: The Ritz-Carlton San Francisco; Nickelodeon Suites Resort — Orlando, FL
Family-Friend Feature: Gifts at Check-In
- Where to Find It: Loews Regency — New York City
- Love it Because: The Loews in New York offers age-appropriate welcome gifts — from Etch-a-Sketches to iTunes gift cards — and, in the spring, kids get special backpacks filled with toys to use at nearby Central Park. Plus, families can expect free milk and cookies awaiting them in their guest rooms.
- Other Hotels to Try: Hotel Monaco — San Francisco; Omni Berkshire Place — New York City
Family-Friend Feature: Cartoon Characters
- Where to Find Them: Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort & Spa
- Love It Because: For young children, getting to meet a favorite cartoon character or puppet can be magical, and this resort has a Sesame Street kids camp, as well as weekly Sesame Street Live parades and daily Sesame Street performances and activities. Tots can do everything from bird-watching with Big Bird to baking cookies with Cookie Monster.
- Other Hotels to Try: Disney’s Polynesian Resort — Orlando; Beaches Sandy Bay — Jamaica; Universal’s Royal Pacific Resort — Orlando
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission.