Hotels in this story
Lobby at the Hotel Montalembert; Paris, France
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The chef at Hotel Montalembert in Paris can prepare a special dish from a dogs-only menu, available upon request.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Beatles-inspired Yellow Submarine Hotel is housed in a 1940 Royal Navy submarine docked in Liverpool, England.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A 30-year-old man impaled himself on a fence at the Hilton Garden Inn in Manchester, NH, while trying to run out on the bar tab.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A $3 million painting by French artist Henri Matisse that was stolen nearly a decade ago from a Venezuelan museum was found last week in a room at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The special dog food menu is part of the V.I.D (Very Important Dog) program, which also includes a dog basket, dog shampoo, and dog sitting and walking services.
2. FAKEOUT! The Yellow Submarine Hotel is an old boat purchased by a British businessman from Paramount Pictures, which used it for the filming of “The Hunt for Red October”. Rates start at $250.
3. FACT! It took eight firefighters from the Manchester Fire Department, hydraulic saws, and a cutting wheel to cut away the fence. The man was later transported to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.
4. FACT! The app, which helps guests go from point A to point B within the resorts, is free and now available at Google Play for Android and Apple Store for iPhone.
5. FACT! A man from Miami and a woman from Mexico City were arrested after they tried to sell the 1925 masterpiece “Odalisque in Red Pants” to undercover agents for $740,000.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission.