Hotels in this story
Deluxe Room at the Hotel Brunelleschi; Florence, Italy
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Hotel Brunelleschi’s tower is the oldest standing building still in use in Florence.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The owners of Eden Roc: A Renaissance Resort and Spa in Miami recently attempted a hostile management takeover of the hotel by breaking into the Marriott’s offices.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston offers puppies to guests who miss their pets.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Two Law students from University of California – Berkeley were arrested after having been caught beheading a 14-year old helmeted guinea fowl at the Flamingo Las Vegas.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Smyth Hotel’s Food Truck Concierge delivers guests’ favorite dishes from food trucks operating in the area to their rooms upon request.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! Not only is this true, the hotel also features Byzantine walls that once belonged to the San Michele church built in the 10th century AD, and a museum displaying many ancient Roman artifacts that were found near the hotel.
2. FACT! Eden Roc accused the chain of “years of mismanagement,” but Marriott managed to obtain a temporary restraining order against Eden Roc to thwart any further takeover attempts.
3. FAKEOUT! The hotel doesn’t have puppies, but it does have a black Labrador retriever that guests are welcome to take for a walk upon request.
4. FACT! The two 24-year-olds were arrested on the spot and now face felony charges of conspiracy and willful, malicious torture or killing of wildlife.
5. FAKEOUT! The Food Truck Concierge — offered in all Thompson Hotels in New York — advises guests on the location and cooking times of trucks across the city, but guests have to make the trek to the trucks themselves.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission.