Hotels in this story
Lobby at the Luxor Hotel & Casino; Las Vegas, NV
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Excalibur Hotel and Casino and Luxor Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas are planning to build an underground, well-lit tunnel between themselves to help “intoxicated” guests make it safely back to their rooms.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Andaz Wall Street now features an “Accountant in Residence”, whom can help guests file their taxes free of charge. (Of course, you are paying the nightly room fee, though.)
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Music legend Stevie Wonder just announced his new tour will start at Bolongo Bay Beach Resort, in St. Thomas.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Millenium Hilton in New York City is installing a power plant inside the actual hotel to help reduce its energy consumption.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The price for renting a cabana at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino’s Azure pool for one weekend is the same as that of the most expensive suite available in the hotel.
1. FAKEOUT! The resorts will actually be connected by four above-ground zip lines — way more fun than having wasted guests drag themselves through underground passages.
2. FACT! A certified public accountant will be available from April 8 to 15 at the hotel’s Buttonwood Suite.
3. FAKEOUT! The musician gave Bolongo Bay Beach Resort guests an impromptu performance with the local band playing at Iggies Beach Bar, but hasn’t planned any formal tour stops there.
4. FACT! The power plant consists of two 250 kilowatt cogeneration units that will convert natural gas into electrical and thermal energy.
5. FAKEOUT! Renting a cabana at the Azure pool on weekends costs $1,500, but booking the Prestige Siena Suite will only set you back $799/night.