- Steps from Druif Beach -- great for strolling and swimming
- Suites have fully equipped kitchens, flat-screen TVs and balconies
- All-inclusive packages and meal plans are available for purchase
- Free nightly entertainment such as Jazz, dancing, live salsa music and theme nights
- Access to several outdoor pools
- Kids' club for children aged 5 to 12 (for a fee)
- Water sports, tennis courts, fitness center and a rock-climbing wall
- Preferred tee times at the Links -- a scenic nine-hole golf course
- Spa and salon for a number of hair, nail and skin treatments
- Car rentals available and free parking
- Activities director can arrange day trips and excursions
- Some areas of the property feel dated
- Access to neighboring properties can be limited and confusing
- Pool area on-site is small, and the mail pool at Tamarijn Aruba can get crowded
- Fee for Wi-Fi
Oyster Hotel Photos
Oyster Hotel Review
This garden property is tucked away and best suited for those who want a peaceful atmosphere.
The Divi Dutch Village is situated in a quiet garden setting behind Tamarijn Aruba resort. The intimate property offers suites with fully equipped kitchens, and guests can also purchase meal plans and all-inclusive packages. The small pool on-site is rarely crowded (unlike the pools at sister properties), and the expansive beach is just steps away. Since all beaches in Aruba are public, guests can take a long barefoot stroll.
The decor at Divi Dutch Village is nothing fancy, but the property is clean, comfortable and well maintained throughout.
Taking up a prime expanse of Druif Beach, close to the airport and capital city
Aruba is a small island 15 miles north of Venezuela, known for having white-sand beaches and constant trade winds. The Divi Dutch Village is situated on a prime beach in the Low-Rise hotel district, just 10 minutes from Aruba's capital city of Oranjestad and Queen Beatrix International Airport. (The Low-Rise and High-Rise districts are exactly what they sound like, with low- and high-rise hotels, respectively. The High-Rise section fronts Palm Beach and has close proximity to shopping, restaurant and bars, but the Low-Rise section to the south tends to feel less crowded.)
A rental car is recommended (there is a desk at Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Aruba), but taxis are readily available 24-hours a day. To access other resorts, walk along the shore, the footpath, or use the free shuttle service via golf cart vehicles. This service runs between the casino and the Links golf course approximately every 15 minutes. Airport transfers are not available.
- 5-minute drive to popular Eagle Beach
- 7-minute drive to Palm Beach for high-rise hotels, restaurants and shopping
- 9-minute drive to California Lighthouse
- 9-minute drive to downtown Oranjestad and the cruise terminal
- 10-minute drive to Queen Beatrix International Airport
- 11-minute drive to Alto Vista Chapel
- 11-minute drive to Tierra del Sol golf course
- 22-minute drive to Arikok National Park
- 23-minute drive to Savaneta for beachside dining
- 36-minute drive to Baby Beach
Spacious and comfortable suites come with king beds and fully equipped kitchens.
The 123 suites (studio, one- and two-bedroom options) are located in a garden setting behind Tamarijn Aruba, which sits alongside Druif Beach. They each come with king beds and queen sleeper sofas. All suites (except for the smaller mini suites) come with balconies, though they do not offer ocean views. Rooms feature island-style furnishings, pale yellow duvet covers, bright blue accents, tile floors, flat-screen TVs, DVD players and fully equipped kitchens. Air-conditioners and ceiling fans help keep guests cool in this humid climate.
All rooms come with:
- Fully equipped kitchens
- King beds
- Queen sleeper sofas (except for the mini suites)
- Balconies or patios (except for the mini suites)
- Flat-screen TVs
- DVD players
- Ceiling fans
Rooms and Rates
Nearby Druif Beach has beautiful white sand and ideal swimming conditions.
Perhaps the highlight of Divi Dutch Village is its easy access to Druif Beach, the long, oval-shaped stretch of white sand that sits just steps away from the property. Not only is the area safe -- the beach is home to many Low-Rise resorts -- but the views face directly west for outstanding sunsets. The beach is cleaned daily, and because of the great expanse, it is impossible to feel crowded. The shore has lapping turquoise waves resembling a postcard -- great for swimming and long barefoot strolls in either direction. In fact, guests can walk all the way to Eagle Beach and beyond. All beaches in Aruba are public so there are no off-limits areas to worry about.
Halfway between the Divi Aruba and Divi Tamarijn is a can't-be-missed colorful tent that offers an extensive array of free non-motorized water sports including snorkeling equipment, beginner windsurfing gear, sail boats, floats and kayaks. These activities are free for those who purchase an all-inclusive option.
Freshwater pools around the Divi properties offer either quiet relaxation or lively water activities.
Guests at the Divi Dutch Village have access to the on-site outdoor pool (though it is small), as well as pools at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort, and Tamarijn Aruba. The main pool at Tamarijn Aruba is the hub of the property. This area can get crowded at times -- especially in the evenings when live entertainment plays here -- but cushy lounge chairs provide a relaxing spot for ocean views without the sand. Pool games and activities often take place in the afternoons.
A spa and salon nearby with a variety of treatments, including couples massages on the beach
The spa company, Indulgence by the Sea, has two locations at both Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Aruba. Depending on the location, guests can schedule services such as hair styling, hot stone massages and couples massages on the beach. Body treatments include moisturizers, salt rubs, wraps and exfoliation treatments using local ingredients like seaweed, mango, papaya and sea salt.
Both locations offer manicure and pedicure treatments.
A family-friendly option with spacious suites and kids activities
Divi Dutch Village offers comfortable accommodations that cater to families, with adjoining suites with fully equipped kitchens and patios or balconies. Children 12 and under stay free when accompanied by an adult. Cribs are also available at no additional charge. For a romantic night out, babysitting services can be arranged for a minimum of three hours.
The neighboring Divi resorts offer family-friendly restaurant options and a variety of entertainment in the evening.
Tennis, water sports and poolside games are available, and for off-site fun, an activities coordinator at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort can help arrange excursions and day tours for families staying at Divi Dutch Village.
Tamarijn Aruba offers a kids' club with supervised activities. This can be bought on a half- or full-day basis. Those who choose to purchase the all-inclusive package will have access to this program for free.
For swimming in the sea, Druif Beach is ideal for young ones, with areas of calm waves for swimming and plenty of sand for sculptures and castles.
Guests have access to restaurants at neighboring resorts.
All suites at the Divi Dutch Village have fully equipped kitchens -- great for families and those wanting the freedom to cook. Because of this, there are few options on-site, except the poolside Tiki Tiki Café, which serves lunch and snacks. On Saturday evenings, a seafood dinner is served here. Guests can also dine at the Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort.
Meal plans (standard, kids and deluxe) are available for pre-purchase.
All-inclusive packages, which can be purchased at check-in for $125 per day (per adult) includes use of restaurants at Divi Aruba, Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort (excluding Windows on Aruba). This option offers a wide range of cuisines in both air-conditioning and open-air seating areas. Fine dining restaurants for dinner include Asian, Italian and seafood options, to name a few. A beach casual dress code is welcome everywhere, and live music is on offer many evenings.
For a special occasion, guests can dine at Windows on Aruba restaurant (open to the public) with views over the golf course and ocean beyond.
Plenty of bars within walking distance, serving an impressive variety of wine, beer and specialty drinks
Divi resorts offer a wide variety of liquor including international and local beer (Balashi, Amstel, Miller Lite and Heineken), rum, vodka, gin, Scotch, tequila, bourbon, cognac and liqueurs, red and white wine, white zinfandel and non-alcoholic beer. There are also daily drink specials such as the frozen Blue Monday or Yellow Belly.
Sit-down restaurants offer different grape varietals for red and white wines: Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. A big plus for those who purchase an all-inclusive package: A full bottle is included at dinner -- this is a rarity for all-inclusive resorts. A specialty wine list (including champagne) is also available for a surcharge at Paparazzi and Red Parrot restaurants.
Guests have the option to purchase an all-inclusive package for use at three neighboring resorts.
Unlike Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Aruba -- two all-inclusive resorts -- guests at Divi Dutch Village stay in suites with fully equipped kitchens. However, guests have the option to purchase all-inclusive packages at check-in for $125 per day (adult). The package includes access to the variety of restaurants and activities at both Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Aruba, including use of the kids' club. All-inclusive packages for guests of Divi Dutch Village have an added bonus -- they include the use of restaurants and facilities at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort (excluding Windows on Aruba).
All-inclusive option includes:
- All meals and drinks included at Divi Aruba, Tamarijn Aruba, and Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort (excluding Windows on Aruba)
- All pools at these Divi resorts
- Use of the kids' club
- Use of non-motorized water sports
- Bikes (child, youth, adult and tandem sizes)
- Lighted tennis courts for night play
- Divi Winds Sports Center with a 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center
- Taxes and service charges are included (airline fares and airport transfers are not included).
Guests at Divi Dutch Village have access to basic services for an additional fee.
- Car rental desks are located at Tamarijn Aruba and Divi Aruba lobbies; vehicles are on-site.
- Concierge service, also at these resorts, can arrange day trips, such as De Palm Island or the Balashi Brewery
- Laundry and dry cleaning service
- Wi-Fi for a daily fee
- In-room babysitting service for a minimum of three hours
- Golf and tennis lessons for individuals and groups
Neighboring Divi resorts offer entertainment for all ages -- Jazz, salsa, movies on the beach, and karaoke, to name a few.
Guest will have access to nightly entertainment at either Tamarijn Aruba or Divi Aruba. Performances occur on stages near the main bars, which can get lively, and serve wine, beer, mixed and frozen drinks until 1 a.m. in the morning.
Entertainment includes theme parties such as salsa dance classes, Caribbean night, a mystic show with fire eating, jam sessions with a live band, and a romantic Jazz night. Other theme nights have Aruban circus dance shows, Latin dance shows, carnival shows, Mexican dance shows, water ballet shows, limbo shows, and karaoke. An evening market is also held weekly and local vendors sell a variety of locally produced arts and crafts.
For sporting events, the plasma widescreen TV at the air-conditioned Paparazzi Bar provides a fun place to watch the big game.
Movie nights give guests a chance to watch a new film or an old classic right on the beach.
The Links -- with nine scenic holes, a pro shop and restaurants -- is one of only two golf courses on the island.
Golfers staying at the resort will enjoy being in close proximity to the Links at Divi, located across the street, and guests receive preferred tee times. Opened in October 2004, the Links is one of only two golf courses on the island (the other is an 18-hole course at Tierra del Sol). This 9-hole ocean view course was designed by architects in Florida and offers play over water and landscaped lagoons for any level. Golfers also have use of a video golf swing analysis station, driving range area (in net), chipping area and bunker practice area.
Overlooking the course with scenic views is the clubhouse that offers two restaurant options: the casual open-air Mulligans Bar & Restaurant and the elegant Windows on Aruba for fine dining.
On the lower level of the clubhouse is the pro shop, which sells golf equipment and accessories, men's and women's logo apparel and other related merchandise and services, like club repair and a re-gripping facility.
Instruction and lessons are provided by golf professionals from the Johnson & Wales Golf Academy. In addition, well-known PGA Member and Tour Coach, Donald Ross (with his unique FeelGolf School and swing method) is also based on-site.
- Dress code for men and women requires collared shirts.
- Carts are mandatory, and there are no caddies.
- The longest tee is the Gold Tee, at 2,952 yards.
- Ocean views and manmade lagoons
- Paspalum grass
- There are beverage stations after holes 3 and 6.
Depending on the package, guests have access to a wide range of activities offered at the neighboring Divi resorts.
- Guests who choose to purchase an all-inclusive plan will have free access to a 30-foot rock climbing wall, tennis courts, fitness center and non-motorized water sports, including snorkeling equipment, a snorkeling clinic and tour, beginners windsurfing equipment, a "Learn to Windsurf" beach clinic, sailboats, floats and kayaks.
- Pool games are held at the Seabreeze pool (at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort), as well as the pools at Divi Aruba and Divi Tamarijn. Beach walks are also arranged.
- The activities director at neighboring Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort can arrange day excursions, including sunset sails and deep sea diving.
- Bike rentals available at Tamarijn Aruba (kids, adults, and tandem)
- Tennis clinics and lessons are provided by professionals from Aruba Tennis (equipment provided) for a fee.
- In addition to preferred tee times at the 9-hole golf course, there is a separate driving range for private instruction from a well-known golf pro, Donald Ross. Several packages offer video analysis and on-course instruction.
A nearby casino with low-limit tables and over 350 slots
The Divi Dutch doesn't have a casino on-site, but Alhambra Casino is a 10-minute walk from the resort (there is also a free shuttle) and has over 350 slots, video poker machines and multi-game machines. Table games (only available in evenings) include blackjack, roulette and craps, and they come with low-limit offers.
In spring 2012, a function room opened on the second floor of the building with an attached kitchen for catering needs. This space can seat up to 180 and is ideal for wedding parties, special occasions and business meetings. In addition, the Shops at Alhambra Casino (still underway) will feature a variety of boutiques and restaurants, including a sophisticated cigar bar.
Aruba's first casino opened in 1959, and gambling became the island's most popular attraction, aside from the beaches. There are a number of venues in Oranjestad and the High-Rise hotel district.
Business & Conventions
A boardroom setting next door for smaller groups, and an event space located at the casino
Divi Dutch Village is easy walking distance to Tamarijn Aruba's meeting facility, which has the capacity to seat 36 people boardroom-style. For larger groups, the function space at Alhambra Casino -- with an attached kitchen for catering needs -- can accommodate seating for 180 people. For more casual meetings, the on-site pool deck can accommodate small functions.
Romance & Honeymoons
Though the resort appeals mostly to families, the nearby beach offers romantic spots for evening sunsets.
Divi Dutch Village's self-service suites welcome families, groups and sometimes romantics with its casual and peaceful setting near ocean. Druif Beach (a short walk away) never feels crowded and in the morning, couples can walk hand-in-hand for miles along the shore. In the evenings, restaurant options such as Windows on Aruba at the Divi Village Golf & Beach resort, offers views and gourmet cuisine.
Guests are welcome to join in nightly entertainment at neighboring resorts. Tamarijn Aruba's pool area tends to get crowded in the evenings, but Divi Aruba has additional outdoor seating areas for a romantic drink spot. The white daybeds by the wading pool become lit in soft colors during the evening, and live Jazz music often plays near the bar.
Honeymooners can request add-on packages for an extra fee. This includes turn-down service with rose petals, chocolate, and a bottle of champagne.
Steps away from expansive Druif Beach -- an ideal backdrop for relaxed weddings
Couples looking for an easy destination wedding will appreciate Druif Beach, just a short walk away from Divi Dutch Village. The continuous white sand leads down to lapping turquoise waves for great photo ops.
The resort's wedding planners "Aruba Weddings For You" will handle all arrangements -- the office is based on-site at the Tamarijn Aruba.
Most ceremonies take place on the northern end of the beach -- near Divi Aruba -- for additional seclusion, though there is some flexibility with location. The Red Parrot restaurant overlooking the ocean can accommodate smaller wedding groups for dinner, and the new event space above the casino can handle larger groups for up to 180 people. The on-site Tiki Tiki Café is also available for small, casual affairs.
Tamarijn Aruba and neighboring Divi Aruba both have a spa and salon for hair styling, manicures, pedicures, facials and body treatments. Larger groups can be split between the two locations.
Basic wedding packages and free extras depend on how many rooms are reserved for the group.
Tier 1 Package (requires a minimum of 10 rooms):
- Free Oceanview room for the bride and groom for seven nights
- Bottle of champagne
- Candlelight dinner for two
- A certificate for a free night's stay for the couple's first anniversary
- Remembrance gift
Tier 2 Package (requires a minimum of 20 rooms):
- All amenities from the Tier 1
- Beach wedding or golf course ceremony
- Fresh floral bouquet and groom boutonniere
- Pre-recorded background music
- Destination wedding setup, which includes palms and candles lining the aisle
- One bottle of champagne and two torches
- Keepsake calligraphy certificate
- Coordinator will be present at ceremony
- Non-denominational minister fee, plus administrative charges
A few celebrities have been spotted at Divi's elegant Windows on Aruba restaurant.
Aruba may have a small landmass but it does attract the occasional celebrity. One of the island's best-rated restaurants is located on the top floor of the Divi Links clubhouse. Windows on Aruba is open to the public and has beautiful views overlooking the golf course and ocean beyond. The restaurant has hosted Kim Cattrall of the Sex & The City while she was in town for the Aruba Film Festival, as well as Michael Bolton.
This restaurant is open to the public and is not included in all-inclusive packages at Divi Dutch Village.
The Divi brand remains committed to growing their eco-friendly practices.
- Divi Resorts in Aruba has received Silver Certification from Earthcheck for meeting environmental standards for energy & water consumption, total waste production and community commitment.
- Drinks are served in eco-cups and there are dozens of receptacles throughout the neighboring properties for collection.
- Bathroom toiletries are provided in eco-friendly receptacles (no conditioner)
- Electric-powered shuttles -- similar to large golf carts -- are used for guest transportation between properties.
- Herbs and fruit grown on-site for use by the restaurant kitchens
- The golf course uses ecologically-friendly Paspalum grass
The Divi brand first entered Aruba in 1969 with the opening of Divi Aruba next door.
Divi Resorts is a small group of Caribbean properties in Aruba, Bonaire, Barbados, St. Maarten and St. Croix. Divi Aruba was the first company property to open on the island. Over the years, the company has expanded to include a casino, 9-hole golf course and four additional properties -- both in the Low-Rise and High-Rise hotel districts of the island.
Renovations & Upkeep
Though areas feel outdated, the resort stays fresh with modern additions and constant upkeep.
Updates to the suites at Divi Dutch Village have included flat-screen TVs, DVD players, and duvets on the king beds. The grounds are well taken care of by the Divi staff.
The nearby Shops at Alhambra Casino opened to the public in spring 2012. Ginger (a second location to the Tamarijn Aruba restaurant) and the Fusion wine and cigar bar helped rejuvenate the aging casino. The building's second level includes a meeting and function space with an attached kitchen for event catering.
Support bars, wheelchair accessibility, and a free shuttle between properties
Divi Dutch Village has first-floor suites available for those with special needs, and the units are more spacious than those at the neighboring Tamarijn and Divi Aruba. Most rooms offer support bars in the restrooms, and all public areas are wheelchair accessible. There is a free shuttle that runs guests between resorts, the casino, and The Links golf course approximately every 15 minutes.
The resort in located in the safe Low-Rise hotel area and has around-the-clock security.
Despite the infamous Natalee Holloway case, Aruba is widely considered to be a safe island. Divi Dutch Village is located in the Low-Rise hotel area, and the premise has 24-hour security as well as lighting throughout the property at night. Employees have gone through fire training, and kitchens at all Divi resorts meet HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) standards to ensure safety and food quality.
Rental Car Service Desk Onsite
Supervised Kids Activities
|Things to Do||
Gameroom / Arcade
Located on the Beach
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Smoking Rooms Available
|Address||J.E. Irausquin Blvd #93, Oranjestad, AW|
|Also Known As||