Travel Guide of Snowmass Village, Aspen for: Interlude CondominiumsSnowmass Village, Colorado, United States
Snowmass Village Summary
- Centered around Snowmass Mountain, the largest mountain in Vail with slopes for every level of skier
- Kid-friendly, with a children's Adventure Center and tons of outdoor activities
- Less built up than nearby Downtown Aspen
- Many hotels are ski-in and ski-out lodges
- Home to a public golf course
- Some nice shops and restaurants
- Not as many restaurants and shops as nearby Aspen
- Not much nightlife
What It's Like
Snowmass Village is the more laid-back, family-friendly option in Aspen. It's at the base of Snowmass Mountain, the largest mountain in Aspen, which offers a variety of slopes to accomodate all levels of skiers. One lift ticket allows visitors access to all four mountains in the Aspen area.
Snowmass Village was built as a ski resort town in 1967. It does not have the multitude of high-end shops and restaurants that Aspen offers, but there are a good number and the village continues to grow. Aspen is only a 20-minute drive away, but most people who come to Snowmass Village choose it for its more relaxed atmosphere. The town capitalizes on its kid-friendly reputation, offering an array of children's activities, particularly in the summer. In fact, those traveling to Aspen in the summer may prefer Snowmass Village; it offers tons of warm-weather activites such as parasailing, horseback riding, and mountain biking.
Where To Stay
Snowmass Village has numerous hotels, and many are ski-in and ski-out lodges. They are all centrally located around the base of the mountain, and visitors have a few options within each price range from which to choose.