- 4 outdoor pools, including a kiddy pool and a saline lap pool
- 19,000-square-foot fitness center with extensive offerings
- Luxurious on-site spa
- Free winter shuttle to the Two Creeks high-speed chair lifts
- Access to 13 tennis courts and the Snowmass Club Golf Course
- Units range from 1 bedrooms to 3 bedrooms, and include a washer/dryer and full kitchens
- Free parking and free Wi-Fi
- No ski-in/ski-out access
- Decor in some villas is more dated than others
The Villas is a comfortable, mid-range property with spacious one-, two-, or three-bedroom privately owned and decorated condos. While it's not in the most prime Snowmass location (the closest ski lift is a two-minute drive, via a free shuttle), use of the Snowmass Club's features -- including the championship golf course, the large fitness center, and the four outdoor pools -- make this one of the most amenity-heavy properties around Aspen.
- Fitness Center
- Kids Club
Oyster Hotel Review
The Villas at Snowmass Club
Mountain lodge exteriors with individual decor in the units
Snowmass Club is so large it's almost a village unto itself. Destination Resorts doesn't own the entirety of Snowmass Club -- just the Villas, which are clustered around the expansive property -- which may be a little confusing for some guests at first. However, guests at the Villas do get access to the amenities at the Club, which are some of the most extensive in the Aspen area.
Set along the Irish Links championship golf course, backed by the Rocky Mountains, the Snowmass Club has a stunning backdrop with beautiful views at every turn. Just be forewarned: The property as a whole is quite large and it may take a day to get oriented.
Right on the Snowmass Club Golf Club, but away from the rest of Snowmass Village and the slopes
Snowmass Village is a small town about nine miles outside Aspen. Snowmass has its own ski area with the most vertical feet of skiing in America; a large seasonal shopping mall with coffee shops, restaurants, and bars; and a shuttle system that runs back and forth to Aspen every 30 minutes until late night. The Village Mall is basically the top of the Village, with most lodging and hotels laid out below it, down the hill.
Snowmass Club and the Villas, are located off Highline Road about three miles away from the happening area of The Village Mall. While there's not a lot of off-site activities to do within walking distance around the Villas, the Village Mall and most slopes are just a five minute drive away. The hotel does offer a free shuttle in winter season to the closest ski lift, which is only a two-minute ride.
- 4-hour drive to Denver International Airport
- 8-minute drive to Aspen Airport
- 2-minute drive to the closest ski lift in Snowmass
- 5-minute drive to the Village Mall with restaurants, bars, and entertainment
- 7-minute drive to the Village Market
- 17-minute drive to Aspen
- 35-minute drive to Maroon Bells Scenic Wilderness Area
Individually owned condo-style units with large floor plans and full kitchens
All the individually owned units at the Villas are condo-style, with sizes ranging from one bedroom to three bedrooms. Guests can choose from Silver (which contains older appliances and decor but still good locations and value) or Gold (which has updated decor, granite in the kitchens and bathrooms, and nicer appliances). Decorations will vary from unit to unit, but most are cozy cabin-style decor with warm textiles, wood accents, and stone fireplaces. Some units, though, are well off the cabin-decor highway, with hand-painted walls or African themed bathrooms. Hallways, entryways, and exteriors definitely embrace more of the mountain style, with exposed-wood walls and dark, moody lighting. Keep in mind when making room-type decisions that the square footage and layouts are exactly the same between the Gold and Silver condos.
- Units have separate living, dining, and kitchen areas
- Every unit includes a washer/dryer and full kitchens with all utensils and appliances needed for cooking
- Individually owned units, so decor varies
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flat-screen TVs with DVD players
- Most units have a fireplace, and a balcony or patio depending on the floor
- All units with balconies have BBQ grills
19,000-square-foot fitness center and four outdoor, year-round pools, with a golf course and 13 tennis courts on-site
Guests of the Villas are granted access to the amenities of The Snowmass Club, which includes the championship mountain golf course, 13 tennis courts, and use of the spa and the fitness center.
Perhaps the biggest perk is the outdoor pool area -- with a saline lap pool, an adults-only pool, a kiddy pool, and a family pool with rock/water feature (not to mention three Jacuzzis).
- Outdoor year-round pool deck, with four pools and three Jacuzzis
- 19,000-square-foot fitness center with separate cardio and strength training rooms, Pilates reformers, and a spin class/yoga room
- On-site spa (part of fitness area) with separate locker rooms with Jacuzzis and cold plunge
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Use of the championship mountain golf course
- 5,000 square feet of indoor and 11,000 square feet of outdoor meeting space
- Free shuttle to Two Creeks chairlift, two minutes away
- Kids' Club, a learning daycare
- Free parking
- View Full List of Amenities
All-Inclusive / Food
Sage Restaurant is open seasonally, and Black Saddnle Bar & Grille serves pub fare and local beer.
The Sage Restaurant closes for the fall off-season, but when they are open guests can expect a wide-ranging menu that includes Asian influences, Italian dishes, and classic pub fare. There is also a separate Sage lounge and bar area, serving Colorado microbrews and offering an extensive wine list.
The Black Saddle Bar & Grille is located on the golf course. With a full bar including local beers and a comprehensive wine list, the Black Saddle keeps the menu easy with classic and contemporary pub food, such as burgers, the Black Saddle Club sandwich, and a salmon sandwich.
Balcony / Terrace / Patio
Meeting / Conference Rooms
Separate Bedroom / Living Room Space
Supervised Kids Activities
Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct.