Travel Guide of Midtown, Atlanta for: Artmore HotelMidtown, Atlanta, Georgia
- Beautiful renovated historic mansions and sleek skyscrapers
- Over 20 arts and cultural centers, including the Fox Theatre and the Woodruff Arts Center
- Home to the Georgia Botanical Gardens and huge Piedmont Park
- The renowned High Museum of Art
- Easy access to Downtown attractions
- Less traffic than in Downtown Atlanta
- Only two subway lines run in the neighborhood, both on the western edge
- Humid summers
What It's Like
Located directly north of Downtown, Midtown feels both an extension of the financial district and the opposite of it. Modern corporate buildings and renovated mansions share the same space in this somewhat eclectic area, also a hub for Atlanta's gay community. The Fox Theatre, the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the Piedmont Park, the Woodruff Arts Center, and the High Museum of Art, make this one of the top tourist areas in town -- but without the crowds and the traffic of Downtown.
Where To Stay
For easy access to the Downtown attractions, the Georgia Institute of Technology, and the sports venues, stay between the I-85 and Juniper St NE. East of that, it becomes very residential -- the houses are beautiful and it's a great place to explore on foot, but there isn't much to do besides checking out the mansions.